TODAY IS MY 5 YEAR "SURGIVERSARY"

jillS
on 7/25/11 4:01 am - Tinton Falls, NJ
Five years ago today my life was changed forever!!  I had RNY Gastric Bypass and have since lost 170 pounds!  I've completed 3 triathlons and many other races that I would have NEVER even dreamed of doing in my "old life"!  It certainly hasn't always been an easy road but I am commited to keeping it off, this new and improved lifestyle and am NEVER going back!  I want people to know that it IS possible to succeed and find happiness!  I am grateful for this life changing surgery and woud do it ALL over again in a second.  It's not magic, but an opportunity to get your life back and if I could do it, ANYONE can do it!!  I would love to hear how other July 06 grads are doing...post away!! 
Not the Same Dawn
on 7/25/11 5:12 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Happy Surgiversary to YOU! We share a surgiversary year..on the 11th I was 5 years post op but you've done MARVELOUS...I'm so haapy for you. Congrats.
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
jillS
on 7/25/11 8:51 am - Tinton Falls, NJ
Hi Dawn,

Thank you so much for your post and Congratulations to you too!  I haven't posted in a really long time, but today felt like a good day to share....I wasn't trying to brag about my success, but I AM very proud of what I've accomplished in the past 5 years.  I started out much heavier than you...my highest was 326 and I try (really hard) to stay around 160.  Some days are definitely harder than others, but the hardest day now is still better than any day before my surgery!  Now, I want to focus on plastic surgery...have you had anything done?  I could really use it in the belly area.  Dr says that I prob have 20 pounds of skin! (I hide it as best I can)  I would love to hear from people who have had success in getting their insurance to pay for it. (I think it should be viewed as reconstruction)  Well, congrats to both of us...I really feel like this date is my second birthday.
Take care and let's keep in touch!

Jill 
Not the Same Dawn
on 7/25/11 9:06 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
No way would I take it as bragging. I'm so happy to see you post since there are quite a few that never made it to goal or quickly slipped back into the dark side..I love that you have been so successful. I feel jealous of you because you started out much higher than me and that makes you even more successful, in my eyes..Some days I feel like I didn't accomplish much cuz I was a bit of a light weight (240 highest weight) but then other days I look at myself (hardly recognizing myself even now!) and seeing that I am half my original weight..

I haven't had any plastics done. I'm 53 this year..doesn't seem logical to make this old body look like a 30 year old even if I do feel like one inside..

It is hard, isn't it? I mean now, this far out, we have demons and it's more mental too..Check back often..I also have a facebook group that I correspond with if you're interested and have an account..send me an add: [email protected].
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
lynnc99
on 7/26/11 9:05 am
I am a day late but want to thank you for posting! I just had my 2 year surgiversary (7/15/09) and learn SO much from those ahead of me on this journey!

You're right, it's not magic. It's making a lot of good decisions, one at a time, every single day.
crystalgvosj
on 7/30/11 3:26 am
Congratulations !!!! do u have any advice for me !!! to get on track ! i am six years out and bnever hit goal weight! i feel like such a failure . i am looking into as revision now but would liek to try and lose before i make such a drastic decision. If you have any advice as to how to get a kick stasrt i would greatly appreciate it .
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 3:47 am
Hi y'all. I'll be 5 years out on Aug. 14. It's hard to believe how fast that went. I lost 230 pounds from my highest weight. Some of it has crept back on. I needed to put some back on because I was too skinny for a while, looked really really old, but I'd like to shed about 15 pounds from where I a right now. Like Dawn, I'm in my 50's and I'm really not thinking about plastic surgery, especially considering the cost, pain, time out of work, etc. I guess I'll just have to keep flapping around. Congratulations to you, and I hope the next 5 years are just as good.
Most Active
Recent Topics