Over 2 years out.......WORRIED about something

Melissa D.
on 8/7/11 8:22 am
I had my RNY on 4/13/09. I have lost 108 pounds, with 17 more to go, to get to my goal. Everything has been awesome, no complications. For the past week or so, whenever I eat or drink anything, I get pain down both of my sides, & all in my abdominal area. I was told last week from my PCP that I was "constipated". I did the whole Milk Of Magnesia thing. Well, everything still hurts. Has anyone experienced this? I don't even know if it's WLS related. Tomorrow I'm gonna call my surgeon's office. I already emailed my PCP because I spoke to a nurse today & she thinks I should see a Gastroenterologist.

Not the Same Dawn
on 8/7/11 11:06 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I think a visit to the Gastroenterologist is probably in order. Unless you have been doing some serious ab exercises or have gas or muscle pulled from pushing during bowel movements...it seems that's the next stop to check on..I haven't had anything like that except temperature issues. I was sensitive to the temperature of liquids for a while..needed warm things or my pouch was grouchy..that was early out and after a couple years, I prefer ice water now or warm tea especially when it's cold outside..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
chunkymonkey1991
on 8/8/11 1:16 am
my mom had diverticulitis, which sounds a little similar (maybe?). maybe your issue is something like that and unrelated to your wls?
Most Active
Recent Topics