After so many years

Miss Candace
on 1/21/12 1:17 am - San Jose, CA
Its GREAT to come back home & see the same people here. Providing that consistent source of encouragement & guidance. I havent been on in what seems like a good 2 years (since like 2009). I come back to the one place i know where i can find advice & guidance - to vent & complain about **why is it so difficult to buy Protein powder?!?!?!** & the first person i see here is NOT THE SAME DAWN! 
I had to step back & say to myself - man its good to see you sister

Im back because Im TOTALLY off track (funny how we always come back home when we're in trouble huh) & Im gearing up to have the StomaphyX. I was just looking to oder protein powder from BariatricAdvantage & IDK what happened. I started feeling lost & really disconnected. When i had my original procedure done in 04, there werent many options available for us & theres so many to choose from. I knew what i wanted to order & in pullingup the website, i found OTHER sites that offer DIFFERENT stuff (even more choices) & found myself spinning & feeling a tad bit overwhelmed.
So i decided to come here & low & behold, THEY have MORE choices available (from different companies)!
I suppose the point is, I should just place an order for SOMETHING & just figure out more economic options later.
Anyways - its good to be back :)

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.     

runningagain
on 1/21/12 7:32 am - NY

Welcome back!!  I like what you said how we always come back here when we are in trouble.  It's such a great support system.  It was extremely helpful for me before I had my surgery.  What is the StomaphyX?  I've never heard of it.  Good luck to you.  I hope it helps.  I too have been struggling.  I am 3 years and 3 months PO and have put on 10 pounds.  I typically run 6 days a week and am a little frustrated.  I'm so afraid of getting back to where I was.  That's always been my fear and it still is.  

Miss Candace
on 1/22/12 2:25 pm - San Jose, CA
You know - its HARD to be & stay skinny when youre not geneically dispositioned to do so. Im convinced that has a lot to do with it. We've got so many things working against us daily. At times, its just easier to have that pizza or burger or loaf of sour dough. I totally get that.
I guess what Im trying to say is that fact that youve maintained for 3 years is HUGE! So dont be so hard on yourself (that only adds more stress & perosnally that drives me to eat or to be careless w/ my eating).
At the same time, but dont kid yourself either. I really started struggling around 3 yrs out - so watch it! you can easily turn around & start heading back the other direction (just being real w/ you & not sugar coating it). Put a stop to that right now lest you end up in my shoes  needing to have a revision done (bringing me to the stomaphyx). I started off in 2004 at 292 & lost about 130lbs (going to about 164). since then Ive put back on almost 92lbs! :( So im giving my self a 2nd chance at this & having the RNY GBS Stomaphyx done (a revision of the gastric bypass). Im hoping i'll be more successful this time at long term weight loss.
I never thought i would be here & can recall thinking (upon seeing other grads who essentially reversed their procedures) OMG HOW COULD THEY LET THAT HAPPEN! i would NEVER do that!!! & yet.. here I am...
So ya - it can happen if you dont stay on it (i clearly didnt stay on it - i ate & drank what ever i wanted & didnt exercise). So its great that you run - keep it up. Maybe increase your distance or something - ?? Add in some other exercise eliments to change things up a bit - ?? But keep at it! You can do it :)

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.     

runningagain
on 1/22/12 10:26 pm - NY

It is hard to stay and be thinner when genetics are not on your side.  I'm sure they are not on my side either.  I am glad that you have not given up.  It sounds like you have learned from your experience and that's fantastic.  It takes a lot of courage to talk about our challenges and I'm proud of you for doing that because I think that's the first step for getting back on track.  

I'm so thankful that I had the bypass done, but it is not easy at all.  I will never be one of those girls who gets to 130/140.  Wish I could.  I am thinking that changing things up with working out might be in order.  I've been running a year and a half and maybe my body is getting used to it. I also need to focus on getting in my liquids.  I don't always get those in and am going to try to do better.  

I used to think the same thing too......how could they let that happen and gain their weight back. After putting on 10 pounds in what seemed like overnight, I see how it can happen.  I feel like I haven't done anything different than I've been doing and BAM.....here's 10 pounds for me!!!!!!!  Maybe we can help to encourage each other.  WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!   :-)

Not the Same Dawn
on 1/21/12 8:41 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Glad to see you Miss Candace...Yeah, I'm still here. Still hanging around for the new grads and pre-ops..mostly cuz being a support for others makes so much sense to me..I get so much support for my own journey here..It reminds me every single day, how far I've come..

Thank God and knock wood, I haven't slipped much and I owe it all to checking in nearly every single day..Some days are better than others and in the storm I always can see past the clouds to the next day..Do-Overs..I count on that..

Don't over whelm yourself..start with a walk and build it up..start where you know you are and then plot your course..you know what to do..and check in often. You're more than welcome to post your intake and your exercise..we all are doing it as we can. Some drop in and then drop out when life gets hectic..we all can get that..No guilt..no judging (other than loving the food, making me want some too!) and kicking myself cuz everyone exercises more than me..sadly! Friendly chiding and kidding all around..

See ya around!
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
viva
on 2/6/12 1:09 am - Somewhere, MI
 Hello and good luck to you.  I'm in the same boat my hardest thing  is trying to keep calories in the 800 to get the weight back off. Not alot of food and the food you take in is mostly protein lean. I'm not sure how everyone views all this . But there is not alot of room for vegs. & fruits plus water water water.  Good Luck  Viva
Most Active
Recent Topics