mentor needed

dawn4511
on 2/26/12 4:08 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hello
I will be 5yrs out from surgery this year. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who got off track after there surgery but then got managed to get back on track after so many years out. I've been trying weigh****chers but have been gaining and losing 2lbs for 6 weeks now. Ive been measuring and tracking my food.

I got pregnant after 10yrs of fertility and let myself eat everything so I'm back to my surgery weight. I regained every pound. Pretty depressed about it. Revision isnt an option at this time because I can't afford it and OHIP is a long wait/fight. I still dump on sugar especially ice cream and sweet drinks. However I do drink alot of diet pop and eat crap.

Before I got prego I went back to my surgery center and they did a exray swallow test and found out my pouch empties right away and that discourged me even farther. I felt like there was no hope. So I gave up.

When I was close to my goal I couldn't see that I had lost any weight and since I wasn't at goal I sabotage myself. In the 4yrs I have done alot of maturing and realized I wasn't ready when I had surgery and had no idea what an opportunity I was getting. I wasted it.

Now I need a mentor who has lost regained weight. Is there anyone out there???? Please help if so.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Not the Same Dawn
on 2/26/12 10:06 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
First..you did not waste your opportunity..you had a baby come from that opportunity and that is never a waste!

Second, all of us have the capability to fall like you did..There but by the grace of GOD I go too! But just because you fell, doesn't mean you are a failure..you are not..

Third, you can re-lose all the weight you have gained but you have to do it. There is no magic pill, diet or surgery that can do that for you..Your pouch can be retrained, your brain can be retrained..but you have to do it..

Last of all, you only fail if you give up. Don't give up. Keep trying. All of us have to keep trying. Each and every day that we are allowed to walk on this planet is a second chance..third chance..another chance to change our ways..

Now..you're tracking your food. What are your numbers like? Protein, carbs, AND WATER..not diet pop..that stuff is crap..don't drink it..drink water! diet cola has alot of sodium and that alone will cause water weight gain making the scale number higher than it should be..

Are you eating good carbs? I mean vegetable or fruit carbs..not bread, pasta, rice and to a lesser extent, potatoes? White carbs make you more hungry when you're done than you were when you started. They take up too much room in your stomach for stuff that should be in your stomach.

Are you exercising? No excuses..walk, run, ride a bike..only you will know so no excuses..park further from the store, walk the long way in your job..take the dog out for a walk, take the kids to the park..get the family out on bikes or just walking..it's good for you and good for them..

You are welcome to come and join our accountability thread every day..We don't ever say we're failures..we are not. You're harder on yourself than you would be on your best friend..so quit doing that. You're the best friend you can have because you know what you are going through..cheer yourself on..reward your successes and over look your failures..but not with food..

Seek your local support group and go to meetings..there you can look each person in the face and find a kindred spirit or two..

Good luck to you on your journey..

Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
dawn4511
on 2/26/12 11:16 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Thank you so much for the reply. You will never know how much I appreciate you taking the time to write it. Thank you for the confidence boost too. My carbs have been higher then my protein and it hasn't been all good carbs white bread is a downfall for me. What do you eat for protein? When I first had surgery I ate alot of eggs and now the look of them make me sick.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Not the Same Dawn
on 2/26/12 11:29 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
LOL..first out of surgery I ate alot of tuna and for the LONGEST time I couldn't even stand having the cans in my cupboard..but I tried it again and it was good..so I eat it occasionally..

You can see exactly what I eat on the accountability posts..I measure and weigh things to get to the point where I don't need to but still do..I can look at a piece of beef and tell how much it will weigh within a half ounce..I do eat some breads but mostly rye or whole wheat..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Most Active
Recent Topics