Support Group - East Ottawa

s.brunet
on 10/25/12 8:42 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hey there.  Part of my message may have gotten lost since it was part of a heading called Reactive Hypglycemia.  So I"ll post part of that message here that related to a support group in East Ottawa.  The message was as follows:

So 1. Interest. I live in the Ottawa area, and I do realize there is a support group that was going on in Nepean for Weight Loss surgery. I have had the thought of starting a second group in the East end of Ottawa for the East Enders and Orleans, etc. Please let me know if there is any interest. I believe I have a small space that I can have at no cost to hold some support group meeting. I have done the facilitation of some in Cornwall, but I'm now in Ottawa, and though three years post-op I continue to e-mentor some people and I feel there is still a definite need for ongoing support throughout the years. Sooooooooooo Please let me know!! 

2renee
on 10/27/12 4:40 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

I am very interested.  I am only almost 9 weeks out and my surgery happened quite quickly.  As great as the online groups are, I think it would be very helpful to connect with people in person.  I am also in Orleans so the east end would be awesome.

Thanks

Renee

s.brunet
on 10/27/12 6:17 am - Ottawa, Canada

That's awesome, and congratulations.  I hope things are progressing smoothly.  I am beginning to put some thoughts together, and though I'm certified in Fitness and Nutrition, I am also putting a list together of prospective speakers that would be beneficial.  Hopefully we can get a little bit more interest from this site, and I would of course advise the Civic hospital, Dr. Dent's office, etc.  But if we can get some great feedback here, I would start making this happen.  Pass the word around to some of your friends, or people you know who would be interested in coming.  In the meantime, any questions you have, don't hesitate to ask.  You can also reach me via my blog at www.sylviesjourney.wordpress.com

Most Active
Recent Topics