Does your need for exercise change once you are in maintenance to avoid re-gain?

k33
on 10/26/12 5:33 pm - CA

I am pre-op but looking to the future.  Of course I will exercise during the first 6 months to one year. I know I cannot avoid

exercising the rest of my life, but I am wondering if you needed  to increase, decrease, or just maintain the amount of exercise you did

once you hit maintenance to avoid re-gain?  I know there are other variables, such as grazing, carbs, and stress.  But all things being

equal, what is your experience?

Kathie L.
on 10/27/12 1:07 am - Castaic, CA

Good question. I exercise EVERY day, no matter what. Every morning I walk from 6:00-6:45 so even if nothing else goes right in my day, I've begun with what works for me. In the evening I work my arms with 8 lb. weights.

I had RNY 5 years ago and I'm at my goal weight. If I see it go up even 2 lbs. I cut back to stay on track and not let it go.

Life is great and my motto is  "Never again".

Thanks again for your great question.

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
jlmartin
on 10/28/12 11:27 pm - Random Lake, WI

I like eating so I exercise in order to be able to eat more.

happyann
on 1/28/13 2:57 am

During weight loss I exercised 6-9 hours a week.  I can  maintain at around 1600 calories and 3 hours or so of exercise.  When I need to strip off a couple pounds I bounce back up to the 6-9 hour mark and drop calories to 1300-1400.  I have only been at maintaining a few months though.  

At goal and looking to maintain now.  My motto is "Just don't quit.  No. Matter. What."

Most Active
Recent Topics