VSG Binder of Weight Loss Journey

BREAZA
on 4/16/13 3:21 am
VSG on 04/24/13

So I'm about to be sleeved on 4/25/13 and would like to create a binder for my journey. As of now my tabs are the following:

• Pre-Op Diet
  • Post-Op Diet
  • Hospital Checklist
  • Vitamins
  • Protein
  • Skin Regime
  • Before Pictures
  • After Pictures

Is there anything else you suggest I add as a tab for my binder that would be important?

BabyRuth2u
on 4/18/13 5:56 am - Pittsburgh, PA

I think a section with your body measurements on arms, legs, neck, etc would be good and also your various clothing sizes, bra, undies, shirt, pants, shoes.  Sounds like a great idea doing a binder like this and having it to reflect on. Good luck! 

blssdmom
on 5/2/13 12:28 am

Please let me know about the sleeve.  I am still trying to figure out which one I want, the sleeve or the y

BREAZA
on 5/2/13 1:08 am
VSG on 04/24/13

You might want to attend a seminar or Google a video on YouTube to see what each procedure is about and figure out which one is best for you. I personally chose VSG because it seemed best for me. I just had my VSG surgery 8 days (surgery was changed to 4/24/13) ago and have lost 8 lbs so that's a pound a day so far. :) I know the first month is when we lose the most weight and then it sort of averages out later but thankfully all is good. Recovery went smoothly. I was back to work on Monday and have been able to sip my 2 oz every 15 minutes. I've had nausea, pain, or hunger which is great! Knock on wood this continues. Don't want to jinx myself. LOL

lotusrising
on 5/14/13 10:01 am - San Francisco, CA

Hi, hope that your sleeve went very well and you are recoverying smoothly!

I wanted to offer a suggestion for an additional tab - Realizations/Insights.  For me, the post-sleeve journey has granted some very helpful insights about myself, and how I used food in the past in ways that didn't serve me.  Insights like eating when I was bored, or eating mindlessly if I was watching TV, etc. 

Those insights will be critical once you get into your maintenance phase, to make sure that you don't start slipping back into old patterns once your sleeve is less restrictive.

Best of luck!

Heather

VSG with Dr. Jossart on 3/10/2011. Height 5'4" | Highest Weight 257 | Surgery Weight 240-ish | Lowest Weight 150 | Current Weight 213

BREAZA
on 5/14/13 10:09 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Thankfully recovering went smoothly. My surgery was changed to a day earlier 4/24/13 and by 4/29/13 I was back to work. I've been feeling great with no issues or complications (knock on wood). Only thing I've noticed is the lack of energy but then again it's only been 21 days since I had the surgery. I'm losing slowly, but I'm okay with that. I know everyone's body is different and lose weight at different rates. I continue to stick to my plan and go to the gym. Just wish I could fast forward 6 months to a year and reach my goal already. :)

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I think that's a really good one because this will allow me to look back at what got me to being overweight in the first place and will hopefully remind me not to fall off the wagon.

ldwest
on 3/31/14 3:08 am

I, too, created a binder. In addition to the tabs you've listed I have "Recipes," "What Works," "Questions for the Dr., " "Food Log (includes excersize log)," "Weight Log," and "Silly Thoughts." My daughter and I were banded on March 21st. We had a great time making our "Journey" binders and are having fun charting our progress. Hope your surgery went well.

Most Active
Recent Topics