Weight Gain....5 Day Pouch Test???????

Ellen C.
on 5/20/13 10:26 pm - Charleston, SC

Hi, I have regained weight and was wondering if there are any words of wisdom on how to get back on track.  Surgery was in 2004.  Unfortunately I have gone back to my bad habits and my "all or nothing attitude" has crept back.  Once I eat something I shouldn't i just give up.  What is the 5 day pouch test and how can I get this so I can follow this and hopefully get back on track.  Any and all suggestions are welcomed.  Thanks!

datachick
on 5/21/13 10:41 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

You can read around on line about the pouch test. I wouldn't suggest it. Instead you may wish to get back to basics: start logging every bite you take, throw out all the food in the house that you shouldn't be eating, exercise, track your exercise, go to a support group.  If it's overwhelming, try picking one thing, like logging your food, and start with that. It helps with the "all or nothing" mentality, and can help you get back where you should be. Let us know how it goes!

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Barbara T.
on 6/19/13 11:09 pm - Levittown, PA

My surgeon does NOT believe in the 5-day pouch test.  He told me not to worry about my pouch.  I'm 8 years out.  I had lost 120 pounds and put back 40.  So, I've kept off 80 pounds for all these years.  My doctor said that at this point it's NOT about the pouch, it's ALL about what's in your head!  We all know what to do, but we all seem to get away with NOT doing it and we get spoiled again.  I'm seeing my doctor today and I'm going to start writing everything down, stop by the center (it's on my way home from work) and get weighed once a week, and see my doctor a few times a year instead of just once.  I need to be accountable to someone other than myself.  We all know what we have to do...we just need to do it.  I had an endoscope two years ago and that doctor told me that my pouch was still intact.  It doesn't get "ruined" like we all think it does.  We did it before and we can do it again.  Good luck to you and don't EVER give up.  WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Barb T.

Ellen C.
on 7/20/13 12:12 am - Charleston, SC

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Most Active
Recent Topics