Need advice from a Vet

atomic_bettie
on 9/11/13 11:16 am - OK

I am currently 2 years post op and down 160 lbs.  I got off the diet for several months and have actually gained about 10 lbs back.  I'm currently getting back to straight lean dense protein and veggies.  However, I have been finding that I have a substantially harder time losing a pound.  I have switched my meals around so I am eating later in the day (I work evenings).  This has been helping where I am not snacking on crap after work.  Any advice on how to get the scale moving again?  I drink close to 100-120oz of water a day and do not touch soda. 

Thanks in advance!

Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
lsereno
on 9/15/13 8:04 am - CA

Are you weighing your food to ensure portion size isn't bigger than you think? Are you counting calories? I have to stick to lower carb, under 800 calories, lean protein to lose now that I'm further out. 

Lynda

StephanieF.
on 9/15/13 10:59 am

Make sure you don't slip back into drinking with/too close to meals. It really makes a difference. Sure is tempting to drink with meals for me, but I lose better when I follow the 30 minutes before and after rule. 

Are you doing any protein drinks? That helps, too. And even short walks get the metabolism going. 

All things we all know, of course, but it's easy to gradually get off track. Good luck!

Extended tummy tuck/hernia repair on July 28, 2008! Five pounds of skin removed!
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~W.D

Weight at surgery on July 26, 2006: 304 lbs
Lowest weight: 147 (157 pounds lost!)
Regain over the past 2 years (2012-2014) - 59 pounds
REBOOTING! :) Working on losing back down to 160 (beginning Jan. 18, 2015)

Carol S.
on 9/29/13 12:21 pm - Milwaukee, WI

Sounds pretty typical.  You're going to have to work harder.

The only way I maintain my weight loss is by running and getting workouts in and burning about 5-6 grand calories a week-along with eating whole, and nutritious food (no, I don't eat fake foods).

This month I'm at 10 years post op.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

datachick
on 10/1/13 5:06 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Eat less, exercise more.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Corgi Mom !.
on 10/16/13 11:18 am - sunny, FL
I still eat a zsouth beach diet lifestyle and exercise daily count your complex carbs snack on protein..I eat 5 small portion meals a day and this keeps me 167 lbs down and weighing in at 120 pounds 5'7"
is my height and I am over 8 yrs out...sounds like you are going back on track and got your wake up call that this truly a tool and in order to benefit for long term your lifestyle has to change..blessings on your journey
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
Most Active
Recent Topics