Just got sleeved!!!

timeslipzwife
on 3/16/14 2:32 am

Just got home from the hospital yesterday. The pain is manageable. I decided not to take the narcotics they gave me. Took a walk and glad I did. It's beautiful outside. I'm not passing a lot of gas though. Small burps and just a feeling of being full. I took a pill and I think I gulped too much water, then sipped a little protein drink and I feel over full.  The hospital was great!! The pain killer just made me sick, dizzy, and sleepy, so the great customer service made any discomfort I was feeling much better.  So here start a new life adventure.

Katherine2014
on 4/9/14 2:25 pm

I'm right behind you. I'll follow along and see how you do. Great attitude!

timeslipzwife
on 4/11/14 3:48 am

Thank you.  How are you doing?  

It has been really good for me. I was in the hospital for one night, and off the pain meds when I went home. I took an Alieve once because I bent down to pick up something too soon and I was aching really bad. It didn't do anything for me so I used a heat pad. It worked nicely.

I am a month out today and so far I can eat all foods, (only a 1/4 of a cup of food)  if I eat more then it sits in my throat and I have to wait for my stomach to make room for it. I haven't had any nausea, or pain, or loss of energy. I work out almost every day and eat about four times a day, but again it's only 1/4 cup of anything. I have learned why one shouldn't eat and drink at the same time..... It's not only because of getting full before finishing, it's because you will have both liquid and food sitting in your throat. It will feel as though you have to burp, bu****er, frothy water and or food will come up. I haven't had any reflux though. I do have a bit of constipation, but use a liquid laxative, cut only a tiny swallow or two. It just gets me to go, but not have the full effect. I have gone from 245 to 208. I'm content so far. Honestly if it wasn't for the five tiny scars and the not eating very much, I wouldn't know I had surgery. ( so far) I hope the same for you. 

timeslipzwife
on 4/11/14 3:50 am

I wrote, water, frothy water or.... Not sure why it censored, 'bu****er'

timeslipzwife
on 4/11/14 3:51 am
timeslipzwife
on 4/11/14 3:53 am

I put the words but,              And.      .............Water

timeslipzwife
on 4/21/14 2:35 pm

Hi katherine2014, how are you feeling?

Katherine2014
on 4/22/14 12:23 am

I have my first appt. in the morning. I will be a self pay, so not sure how long till I'm cleared for sugery!!! Soon I hope. I feel great! can't wait!

Katherine2014
on 4/22/14 12:24 am

Thanks for checking in!! I will know more after tomorrow!!

timeslipzwife
on 5/8/14 3:28 am

HI, so hoe did your appointment go?

Most Active
Recent Topics