Skin removal surgery in Ontario

misslaneyt77
on 4/6/14 3:49 am

I am curious to know if anybody has had skin removal surgery after their RNY in Ontario? They told us in the information session that it is now covered by Ohip but only on the abdomen.  Just wondering how long after the RNY can you have the shin removal? I'm thinking it has to be at least 2 years but have no clue.

Hw: 301 Day of surgery: 287  

Daniel W.
on 4/7/14 5:25 am

It is not covered unless you have the "right" cir****tances. Only your "overhang" panni is covered if it droops below your pubic bone, however exceptions can be made if you have on going rashes that need medical attention in addition to an almost covering your pubic bone. The would like to see at least 6 months of stability after your weight loss. Hope this helps.

Daniel W.
on 4/7/14 5:26 am

It is not covered unless you have the "right" cir****tances. Only your "overhang" panni is covered if it droops below your pubic bone, however exceptions can be made if you have on going rashes that need medical attention in addition to an almost covering your pubic bone. The would like to see at least 6 months of stability after your weight loss. Hope this helps.

KimCruea
on 4/9/14 7:50 am

I want to know more about this too.  I did hear that they do it for the tummy and breast area if the skin is irritated..... but that was it.

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/13/14 11:51 am - Windsor, Canada

I got approved by Ohip.  Having mine in the fall in London.  Feel free to message me :-)

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics