Looking for encouragement

Ellen C.
on 4/14/14 10:20 pm - Charleston, SC

Hi!  I am looking to hear from those who have had gastric bypass, lost weight, regained and lost it again.   Can it be done?  Has it been done?  Looking forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help.  Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/14 9:37 am

Go back to protein shakes and protein soups. Star over with the food intake. From the begining.

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/14 9:38 am

Go back to protein shakes and protein soups. Start over with the food intake. From the begining.

jastypes
on 4/29/14 3:41 am - Croydon, PA

Hey there!!!!  It can ABSOLUTELY be done!!!  I had a 45 pound re-gain, which I re-lost, plus more.  I use the tools of Overeaters Anonymous in conjunction with my WLS tool and support groups to keep me on track, maintaining and sane!  The very first step I took was going back to support group.  You are not alone, and I am a living example that there is recovery from re-gain!!! 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

signer111
on 5/7/14 4:29 am

Jastypes,

Can you please tell me what you did to lose 45 pounds of regain.  I am trying to lose some regain.

jastypes
on 5/7/14 11:29 am - Croydon, PA

I went back to support group meetings.  I also joined OA and started working a 12-step program.  I met with a dietician who happens to work at my surgeon's office, so I knew she understood bariatric eating.  I stopped eating sugar, period.  I went back to eating 6 weighed and measured meals per day.  I started drinking water again (although I'm only up to 2 bottles a day).  I do some exercise, but not a lot.  I am up to 8 flights of steps, up and down, a few times a week.  It was baby steps for me.  It didn't come off overnight.  I stayed consistent, met with my dietician once a month, and also only weighed myself once a month.  At the beginning, I struggled with staying within certain limits, and putting down the sugar was challenging.  I really did take one day at a time, and sometimes one meal at a time. 

Blessings, Jill

signer111
on 5/7/14 12:19 pm

Thank you for answering.  One more question, how long did it take for you to lose the regain.

jastypes
on 5/7/14 12:41 pm - Croydon, PA

I believe it took me about 6 months of being consistent with my eating.  I actually lost more than the regain, which surprised me.  I believe I am maintaining now at my lowest weight since my surgery.

Blessings, Jill

signer111
on 5/7/14 10:07 pm

I am so sorry to be so full of questins, but I am trying to really get the regain off.  I can do with out the sugar, but I love fruit.  Did you eat fruit when you were trying to lose the regain or did you stick to proteins and vegetables. I know that the fruit is considered a good carb, but it has natural sugar.

jastypes
on 5/7/14 11:25 pm - Croydon, PA

Ask away!  I eat 2 servings of fruit a day on my current plan.  I eat carbs too.  I have a very balanced plan.  I can post it if you would like.

Blessings, Jill

Most Active
Recent Topics