3 years out and developing allergies

kcasey32
on 7/21/14 2:13 pm

I am 3 years from my gastric sleeve procedure. I initially lost 145 pounds and regained 20 pounds and have stayed for 6 months at this weight. has anyone else developed any allergies since having WLS? I am now allergic to milk and now diagnosed with celiac which I had biopsies shortly after my surgery and was negative. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/30/14 12:54 am

I was recently diagnosed with soy and dairy allergies.  I don't have celiac but I do have gluten intolerance and some other issues. I also have allergies to artificial sweeteners... And developed roseacea and sebhoric dermatitis (Skin conditions) . 

I had RNY 6 years ago. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jen D.
on 8/3/14 12:07 pm - Central, FL

I'm almost 7 years out from my VSG and in addition to worsened seasonal allergies, I have developed a gluten allergy and intolerance to other grains (corn and rice).  I was prescribed Protonix after my surgery because I had and still have terrible acid reflux, and recently learned that long term use of Protonix can cause food allergies.  So, I've attributed my allergies to that.  

VSG on 06/12/13

I'm not as far out as you are by any means, but I developed a shellfish allergy suddenly a few months after surgery. Like another poster mentioned, I discovered that the PPI's can cause food allergies so I went off of what I was on, but the allergy hasn't gone away. It's one of those tricky things because I don't want to push testing it too far. My next step is a visit to the allergist to see what's going on.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics