Weight Gain

Forme2010
on 9/5/14 1:06 am - Raleigh, NC

Hi,

I had gastric bypass surgery in October of 2010.  My lowest weight was 188 pounds.  I am now at 217 pounds.  Can anybody out there help me?  If you have gained weight how did you get back on track?  Please advise.

Thank you!

Rose A.
on 9/5/14 8:17 pm, edited 9/5/14 8:18 pm - west mifflin, PA

I'm so sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Have you been back to your surgeon? I would start there. He may need a look at your pouch. I went from about 289 to 135, stayed at 145-150 for years then up to 170! I went nuts. So I went back to basics, protein, protein , protein. Veggies , water, no sugar, basically Atkins . I'm back to 145-150. You can do it , I refused to buy bigger clothes. So I walked around shoved into the same old stretchy crap that I could barely fit into until I worked my way down. I hate exercise so walking is good for me as is the balance ball, you can watch tv or use the iPad and not even realize you are using your muscles moving around. But do rule out pouch problem first, my friend had to have his tightened.

By the way I had surgery in 2000. I'm 64. good luck and GOD bless,

Rose

Sis'ta "T" Bone
on 9/8/14 2:14 am - Miami, FL

I too am currently experiencing weight gain - LW 148; Maintained Weight 150-155 for 4 yrs; Current Weight 192-198. Im scared to death to enter 200's. I admit I haven't disciplined myself (junk food junkie - esp. chips and sweets). I will begin walking today and try to eat more protein and veggies.

Sis'ta Thick-Bone from Sunny So. FL
Believing that God's intentions are for us to prosper. (I Corr. 2:9)

deannhuss
on 9/12/14 6:24 am - Pensacola, FL

Hey sweetie, I know just how you feel. I had my RNY surgery back in 2009. I went from 215 to 93 pounds. I am back up to 150 now. I am looking for support, help, and motivation from this forum. I know I have stretched out my pouch because of the amount of food I can eat. I can't give you advice about how to get back on track because I need the same help. However, I can be here to help support you and motivate you :) 

heathercastro
on 9/14/14 7:17 am - deridder, LA

I had gastric bypass October 2008. I went from 263 to 140. Now i'm back up to 180. I'm very depressed, I do work out but no matter what I do, I can't seem to lose this weight. I want to lose 30 lbs. my clothes are so tight, but I refuse to buy more. Any advice appreciated. thanks.

Ms TJ P.
on 9/16/14 3:22 am - VA

I'm in the same boat with all of you, my surgery was in July 2008 my lowest weight was 167 from 255. I only stayed at my lowest for about 2 seconds then slowly the weight started creeping back up, now I weight about 205 I'm not happy with it. When I try really hard to lose weight the most I've done was about 15 lbs and when I stop the 15lbs slowly come back so I fluctuate around 200 to 210......IDK.....maybe we can support each other.

Never give up on your goal,anything worth having requires hard work and patience. 
Ms. TJP

heathercastro
on 9/16/14 4:36 am - deridder, LA

Yes I need all the support I can get right now . Today a customer came to my job & told me I had gained a lot of weight . It hurt my feelings very badly . I went to the gym after that .

Texas Girl
on 9/16/14 5:02 am

Hi,

I am in the same boat with all of you... I made my text bold because I need HELP! I am nearly 200 lbs.  Looking for sound advice!

Thanks

Texas girl (connie)

Forme2010
on 9/16/14 5:12 am - Raleigh, NC

I honestly don't have any.  It seems like I have gone back to my old ways of eating.  I don't want my surgery to be in vain but it is so hard to get this weight off.  Some say go back to the protein shakes, others say don't do that.  I don't know what to do.  Maybe we should all read Al Roker's book.  He had Bariatric surgery and gained some weight afterwards.  I need help help as well because this is a battle.

BestLife
on 9/18/14 11:30 am

You r not alone -  I'm looking for the same advice - surg was 2010 went from 262 to 172 back up to 202!!! Feeling depressed and so disappointed in myself - back in fat clothes ugh!!! Please can someone help us get back on track with sound advice - how do u shrink your pouch if it's stretched out without surgery..

Most Active
Recent Topics