protien ?

heathercastro
on 9/27/14 10:05 am - deridder, LA

hey everyone... what does everyone use as a protein drink? I have never really found one I really like... its 6 years October 1. However I went to see my doctor and I am anemic, and b12 deficient. She told me I have to drink more protein.. help

smclavey
on 9/28/14 1:10 pm

Hi

I drink a macronutrient meal replacement that is low glycemic and has 22 to 36 grams of undenatured whey protein from clean cows.  I feel great now but before I was severely anemic, vitamin d and b 12 deficient.  The shakes have about 230 calories.  I am my wls in march 2001.

heathercastro
on 9/29/14 11:00 am - deridder, LA

thanks for the repy :)

what is the name of it?

[email protected]

smclavey
on 9/29/14 1:12 pm

They are called IsaLean or IsaLean Pro depending on how much protein you want.  The Pro has 36 grams, that's the one I use, I LOVE the chocolate flavor!  The regular IsaLean has 24 grams of protein.  I've tried a lot of meal replacement shakes and these are by far the best tasting and give me the best results.  I also learned the hard way that whey isolate and whey concentrate that is denatured aren't as effective and can be difficult on the tummy.  

You can order them here http://mychoicemychance.isagenix.com/en-US/products/categori es/individual-items/isalean-shake 

The web site is a little confusing, they have a buy now price and a sign up and save price.  I did the sign up and save, basically you open an account for $29 a year and get their associate pricing on all products which is a huge difference.  The shakes end up costing less than $3 a meal which is a savings for me since I use them to replace lunch or dinner. 

Gwen M.
on 9/29/14 2:30 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I use double rich chocolate or peanut butter cookie.  

As for the anemia and b12 deficiency, are you supplementing those things?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

heathercastro
on 9/29/14 11:02 am - deridder, LA

well, I saw my Doctor on thurs. She has me on B12 injections once a week for a month, then once a month after that ( I think). She said my iron levels are low, but she thinks if I continue to take the bariatric vitamins I can control it. I previously had the iron infustions (2 years ago), she said she doesn't think my levels are low enough yet for that. I have to go back in December to recheck them. she told me I need to drink one protein shake a day.

Most Active
Recent Topics