Pregnancy after vsg

Blithe1212
on 10/9/14 4:48 pm
VSG on 03/05/14

Just curious about how pregnancy went after vsg. I had a horrible pregnancy when I was morbidly obese. Are there any special tests? Any info is great! Thanks. Btw...I am not pregnant. Just hope to be next year.

MrsPowlus08
on 10/13/14 2:25 am

My first pregnancy was as soon as I hit my goal weight. It was very hard to get on the scale at the OB's office and see the weight gain.... but I knew it was because I was making poor food choices and letting it pass because 'i was pregnant'. I 'failed' my one hour glucose test so they spoke with my surgeon and they thought it best to NOT put me through the 3 hour test and just treat it is if I had gestational diabetes..... I had to do fingersticks 4 times a day... ALL were normal. I hat to go to weekly OB appointments. My pregnancy was all normal.... I delivered a healthy 7lb 6oz baby girl 11/30/2012. Post baby, I am having issues because of the poor choices I am making and I am nearing the 200lb mark, but I am on the right track to fix that.

MrsPowlus08
on 10/13/14 2:25 am

My first pregnancy was as soon as I hit my goal weight. It was very hard to get on the scale at the OB's office and see the weight gain.... but I knew it was because I was making poor food choices and letting it pass because 'i was pregnant'. I 'failed' my one hour glucose test so they spoke with my surgeon and they thought it best to NOT put me through the 3 hour test and just treat it is if I had gestational diabetes..... I had to do fingersticks 4 times a day... ALL were normal. I hat to go to weekly OB appointments. My pregnancy was all normal.... I delivered a healthy 7lb 6oz baby girl 11/30/2012. Post baby, I am having issues because of the poor choices I am making and I am nearing the 200lb mark, but I am on the right track to fix that.

Blithe1212
on 10/13/14 3:21 am
VSG on 03/05/14

Thank you! 

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/16/14 1:55 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ruthdefazio
on 2/13/15 3:22 pm

I think gaining weight after pregnancy is normal as you can loose weight while breastfeeding. This is the best way for loosing weight, as nursing babies is beneficial for both mother and child.

Blithe1212
on 2/13/15 7:58 pm
VSG on 03/05/14

Yes that's all great but some moms can't breast feed. This is a sore subject for me. My son only breast fed for a week. I got a massive infection in my ceaserean and then my all bladder was infected so I was in and out of the hospital and on too many meds. Forget pumping and dumping to keep my milk supply up, I was just too sick. I was terribly depressed about not being able to feed him my milk.  

He is a thriving young kid. He has always been in the 95 percentile to height and weight. He is four and extremely bright and very well behaved. His doctor said it was good that he got all my colostrum in the beginning. 

It kinda was a godsend though, because we found out later at age one that my son has life threatening food allergies that could have passed in my milk. I don't even want to think of what could have happened. I  Don't even know if I'll have another baby now, but will def try to breast feed again if I do. 

Thanks for your advice

ruthdefazio
on 2/15/15 3:16 pm, edited 2/15/15 5:31 pm

Yes, I understand your problem. I hope the you get the best meds from doctors so that you have the advantage for breastfeeding your baby.

Most Active
Recent Topics