Miracles do happen

jastypes
on 10/23/14 12:05 am - Croydon, PA

How cool is this? A year and a half after my surgery, I bought a black and gold dress to wear to our office Christmas party. (size 12) I just pulled it out of my closet to try it on to wear to a wedding on Friday. It fits. Something I wore in 2008 fits me in 2014. This, my friends, is a miracle.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Ladytazz
on 10/25/14 11:18 am

I feel that way about clothes I bought in 2011 and I still wear today.  That is my own miracle since before this I never wore the same size from one season to the next.  I actually have to get rid of clothes because they wear out, not get grown out of.

The only downfall is that while I continue to get new clothes (at thrift stores) I have more clothes than I can possible wear so every year when the seasons change I do my switchover, take the cold weather clothes out and put away the warm weather things, tossing things that I never wear out while I am doing it.

This year, as in the past, I wound up with 3 large yard bags full of clothes that I donated.  

I don't really buy clothes as much as rent them.  I get things at the thrift store, wear them for a while and then take them back and get different clothes.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics