help from elmira,ny

Anita Jo
on 2/22/15 9:43 am, edited 2/22/15 9:44 am - Elmira, NY

hi all i am  from elmira,ny  i do need help bad. i had a baby in october and now i am out of control . i am now a little over 200 pounds i want to be back to 143 pounds.. help..... please....  i had rny aug. 28 , 2003   anita

severman
on 2/22/15 11:00 am - Indianapolis, IN

Hi! I am 12 years post op RNY.  I am trying to lose steroid regain.  I understand how hard it is to lose it again.  YOU CAN DO IT!  There is a great group on here called Back on Track Together that I would recommend.  They are very supportive.  I would recommend going back to the basics.  Not eating and drinking, journaling everything that goes into your mouth, exercising even if it is 10 minutes after each meal and contact your doctor to make sure your levels are normal.

Best of luck!

JB1114
on 2/22/15 11:11 pm - Grain Valley, MO

My surgery was in 2008.  I gained about 12 lbs. over the last year.  I have lost 5.2 lbs. by cutting out carbs.  It's the only way I will lose.  When I eat carbs, I want to eat all day.  I always have one protein shake a day and sometimes two.  I've gone back to having protein coffee.  In the beginning, I had protein coffee every day, but tired of it. 

Get back to the basics and you will lose the weight.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Anita Jo
on 2/23/15 1:00 am - Elmira, NY

thanks to both of you. how do i go back to basics? its been so long. i do need to cut out carbs. i love carbs. my big problem is i love to bake, i dont know how to stop baking and eating it.i figured out i need to lose 62 pounds..

JB1114
on 2/23/15 2:12 am - Grain Valley, MO

I love to bake too, but I try to bake things where I can use Stevia or other sweetener.  I volunteer to bake for events at church where I'm not left with a big pan of goodies.  I have a number of bariatric recipes using almond flour.  Bariatricfoodie.com has some good recipes as well as the worldaccordingtoeggface.com. 

Ask yourself which do you want the most......to eat the foods that are adding pounds to your body or give those up for a healthier you.  Finding recipes you like that are healthy for bariatric patients should help you.

Going back to basics would be doing what you did right after surgery.  To detox myself of carbs, I will have 3-4 shakes all day then eat a meal like chicken and green beans.  If you still have the material you were given after surgery, re-read it.  Look at the menus posted on various boards.  The RNY board has daily menus posted by members.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Most Active
Recent Topics