Just trying to help ?

Illianalamberty
on 2/11/16 7:22 am
VSG on 02/10/14

Hello, my name is Illiana 

I am officially two years out from surgery!  I got my surgery February 11, 2014 when I was just 19 years old!  At my highest weight I was 285 pounds! I know 19 seems young,  it was the best decision ever made!  I chose to write on this forum because I know when I was Preop I looked on this website!  This Journey is not going to be easy. Weight-loss surgery was such a great tool for me to change my life around for the better!  It made me realize so many things about myself,opened up my eyes about eating healthier foods.because If You're thinking about getting weight-loss surgery,  my advice is if you really want to make a  lifestyle change go for it! Why wait?  My weight-loss surgery of choice was the vertical sleeve.  I know I am one of the lucky ones, I've never had one complication!  I have a little more heartburn than usual but nothing I can't handle! Before my surgery, my asthma was insane, I was pre-diabetic.  All of this changed once I committed myself to a healthy lifestyle and I feel like the sleeve just gave me that push to change!  I am currently at 152 pounds and never felt better!  With My experience I encourage anyone to get weight-loss surgery and change your life! Start now, start today! 

cmp067
on 2/11/16 6:42 pm
VSG on 03/23/12

Yay! Great post! I am going on 4 years post op with VSG and feel the exact same way! 

Most Active
Recent Topics