Another Place for Me??

granola
on 7/29/05 8:49 am
Hi, I'm two years out last Saturday.......2 years......wow - it seems like yesterday and it seems like a lifetime ago.......it does not get any easier does it??? For me, it has only gotten harder in sooo many ways.......and food is the least of them......... Jeannie
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/05 9:13 am - Yakima, WA
Hi!
granola
on 7/29/05 10:01 am
Hi nice to meet you! I've never really played on the MB much.....just CA and OFF........ looking forward to this board with great anticipation........finally a "safe" place..... J
Linn D.
on 7/29/05 9:50 am - Missoula, MT
Nice to meet you, Jeannie, I think this could be a good place for those of us further out and struggling with different issues than we did early on. Linn
granola
on 7/29/05 10:02 am
Hi Linn, Nice to meet you too! And, yeah the issues do get different don't they??? LOL J
Kaye A.
on 7/29/05 10:09 am - Brigham City, UT
Hi, We had surgery just one week apart. Time does fly! Kaye
granola
on 7/29/05 10:23 am
Hi Kaye, It's hard to believe when I look in a mirror that it's me. I've always been the ugly, stupid girl from the wrong side of the tracks. My first husband always told me without him I'd be just another stupid, fat, barefoot, okie girl, probably pregnant. LOL. I can't have children, I'm relatively brilliant (though my choices don't always reflect that) and I do wear shoes. I am no longer fat on the outside but on the inside I still struggle with that image. Time does fly doesn't it? I will be happy if and when I ever catch up with myself. I struggle daily with this....I will admit there are days, when emotionally, not physically, but emotionally, I would give it all up for a 1/2 pound bacon and tomato sandwich and about 24 hours of numb..... I know that is such a defeatest attitude and for the most part I am a happy camper and full of faith.....but there are the days.......interesting that the gift of this board would come on one of "those" days..... Thanks for listening and it's great to meet new people....I'm looking forward to the relationships I can forge here... Jeannie
Paula A.
on 7/29/05 10:26 am - San Joaquin Valley, CA
Hi, Pleased to meet you Jeannie. I agree that things are so much harder now then they were in the beginning. Paula
granola
on 7/29/05 12:09 pm
Hi Paula, Thanks for the welcome and I'm happy to meet you too! I was born and raised in Stockton.......anywhere near you??? I lived in Modesto for 14 years before moving to Phoenix. I sometimes miss the Valley until I think about the fog and the mosquitos and the flat, flat, flat terrain. I love living here in the desert......I belong here apparently. I have flourished here emotionally, spiritually and physically. Work has been a bit difficult, but finally just this week landed a pretty good job.....too bad the wages here do not meet the needs of the cost of living........ But say hello to the Valley for me and if you get the opportunity shop at McHenry Village for me too! I loved that shopping center...... LOLOLOL How do things seem harder for you Paula? I'd love to hear someone elses experience on that here in a forum where I'm not concerned about scaring a new preop. J
Darlene
on 7/29/05 10:27 am
your still a baby........ Dar
Most Active
Recent Topics