LURKER NO MORE.....

italianprincess
on 7/31/05 11:12 am - corona, CA
ok, here goes nothing....omg, im so embarrased. ive been lurkin for about 2 years, and i mean, everyday!! Ü i have posted like 2 or 3 times ever. i do have a profile, although i never update it... i am embarrassed cuz i know most of you all by name and face, but obviously you all have no clue who i am since im a habitual lurker...lol!!! anyhow, let me introduce myself, my name is kelly, im 31, i had lap rny feb 2004,i have lost 92 pounds, i was 276 day of surgery and now weigh 184, i am 5'7" and need to lose about 30 more pounds. i also need a tt badly.anyhow, i just wanted to say that i have learned sooooo much from each and every one of you. i hope you all dont think im a freak for being here this long as a lurker, i guess im so shy im even scared to talk to people who cant even see me!! Ü.....well, im here now. oh, and about the 30 pounds, thats what prompted me to finally post. the reason im not at goal is simple....i dont follow the rules,i quit my shakes and dont exercise regularly and eat too many carbs, thats the plain honest truth,i have been the same wight since i was 9 months out....so now maybe since ive put it out there for everyone to see, ill feel more accountable to get it in gear and work my tool properly. thanks for listening!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/05 12:39 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Hi Kelly--I do think that 2 years lurking may be a record. LOL! I lurked for a year. Welcome and glad you joined us. I'm hoping this grad board can help us all. There are so many who have been really successful--hopefully they can share their tricks and maybe we can help eachother to get to our goals. Take care and hope to see you around again.
italianprincess
on 7/31/05 6:45 pm - corona, CA
thanks for the reply, yes, i will be around. i think i may have done a whole lot better had i just joined in a long time ago, but im sooo glad i finally did it!
ConnienTX
on 7/31/05 12:55 pm - Dallas area, TX
Hi Kelly!! Congrats for finally introducing yourself to us! Well, you know we're a wonderful group.... I have confidence you can get back on the program and get those last 30# off. The key for me was exercise! Yes, both cardio and strength training. I always hated exercise, but now I miss it when I don't do it!! Who'da thunk it....... And step away from the evil carbs.....LOL Don't be a stranger now that we've met you!! Hugs, Connie -147# @ goal
tracymaydawn
on 7/31/05 6:25 pm - Smyrna, TN
Hi I am a Lurker too! I am 24 days shy of my 1year anniversary and I have lost 130 lbs.... The problem? I need to lose 100 more and it is as slow as Christmas when it comes to coming off. Yes I exercise, no I do not follow the rules. I did go to a support group that really helped but I need to keep going to it. Finding the time is another. So I am happy to find this message board. Where I can relate to more people that the newbies. They need their support too but I am glad there is a place for me. Tracy
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/05 11:34 pm - Fort Myers, FL
welcome Tracy. Glad you too decided to give up on lurking. I know it is hard around 1 year out. I really regret not focussing more between one year and 18 months. I truly believe exercise is key to long term success for many of us. I am back on the exercise train--want to join me?
Most Active
Recent Topics