Can't stop losing weight

Lalocaweta
on 8/1/05 11:50 am - Spicewood, TX
OK...hoping to get some ideas from the "older" folks... I had surgery on 7/15/04 and have had a variety of problems - some psychological and some physical (lots of nausea and dumping) Bottom line is I am 10 pounds below the goal weight my surgeon and I set for myself. And I can't seem to stop the losing of weight. WHile I make sure to get in my protein goal - the rest of my choices are "unhealthy", I have quit doing any cardio exercises and am only doing weights now (at the sugestion of my surgeon), and I still lost 2 pounds over the weekend. Guys - I know how many would love to be in my shoes - but I am scared...How to I QUIT losing weight. Anne 263/150/140
dcox94
on 8/1/05 11:55 am - North Wilmington, DE
Perhaps you need to evaluate your calorie intake and your exercerise. You might want to eat things that are higher in calories such as nuts. I would definitely help with weight stabilization. I still wish I was in your shoes. I am stalled.... Debbie
feelinggreat
on 8/1/05 12:11 pm - Logansport, IN
Anne, You may need to up your carbs. Or better yet call your dietitian. They will help you to figure out a way to maintain your weight.
Larakatya
on 8/1/05 2:48 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Start breaking pouch rules (drink with meals, extend meal times, etc.) Keep the exercise - but do things like lifting which will help you gain muscle mass or cardio that is at an intensity that burns carb rather than fat (high intensity). I have to work to get enough calories in too. I had an analysis and found that my metabolism is actually quite high. On days I run I basically can eat every 2 hours and still not eat more calories than I burn. Its pretty surreal. Good luck and keep us posted Anne, ~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04 400+/188@goal
Most Active
Recent Topics