here.... MMMM what is the difference from this place the others ... " />

Not being ugly... not.. but

WLS_Deb
on 8/4/05 12:41 am - East, Tx
OK I'm one one of those posters that walks off rather than get into anything confrontational. I hate hurting others feelings... But err "IF" the pre ops and early post ops start posting in WLS Grads --> here.... MMMM what is the difference from this place the others we just left? Anyone else see a future potential problem? I kinda just caught my breath enjoying being here with those right with me on my journey... when Im on the other boards I post to those with helps and offer any additional help just email me kinda stuff... so anyway was relaxing here finding a place of refuge to just recharge... and now im kinda tensing up and thinking ... whats the point others come here that really aren't suppose to post here yet...at the post grad messageboard ... I really understand why they would want to come but errrr darn it... well i'll shut up. Im so sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. I am not one to cause conflicts but errr well .. anyone wanna give their opinion? *sigh* For myself, if i do see a poster's message here.. and feel moved to help answer their question...I'll just send them a private email of helps... but anyway anyone wanna say anything positive or negative? Ohhh be kind... though!
Queen of Plaster
on 8/4/05 12:47 am - Woodland Park, CO
Its the darn Texan generous side most of us have been born with . {{{{{hugs}}}}} Kristy Just another transplanted Texan
WLS_Deb
on 8/4/05 12:50 am - East, Tx
ya think that kindness is why we lost the war
DeeDee
on 8/4/05 12:52 am
My surgery date shows Jan '05 on my profile because I had to have a revision. My first surgery was in Jun '03 and my staple line broke early on. It took me a year to get through the hoops to get it "fixed." I sometimes wonder if folks think I'm just 8 months post-op when I'm really 27 months post-op. I just had an "oops" in the whole ordeal. I think a lot of pre-ops and new post-ops can gain a lot of insight from lurking here. Anyone who is looking at WLS through rose colored glasses will get a good reality check from the posts here. I sure didn't seem to notice the struggles of long-term post ops when I was researching WLS. =) DD
WLS_Deb
on 8/4/05 1:03 am - East, Tx
Dee Dee Oh please believe me when I say .. I hadn't even noticed when your date was... and im a revision as well. so hey girl.. we have things in common... gawd I bet I just got some folks mad at me .. I promise the post wasn't even directed at anyone here.. heck lurking is great... i was mostly just meaning those that will post the "obvious" newbie questions that they want answers to... but post here rather than the main messageboard or library or Q & A. I think im going to my corner ... and going to NOT read a post on this link till tomorrow. My tummy is kinda freaking ... thinking I hurt someone's feelings... please know nothing was intended in that manner. ok serious Im not posting again to this link at all... please be kind to me ... I bruise easily! and be kind to others... they all will eventually be here.. LOL one way or the other!!! Will read responses tomorrow.... thanks for posting if you do! Did i mention be kind? deb deb
DeeDee
on 8/4/05 1:28 am
I never even considered you might be thinking of me! I'm too adorable and sweet for folks not to want me around here! I have felt a bit guilty being here with a date that doesn't match the "year plus" criteria so this was a perfect opportunity for me to clarify it. In fact, when Amy first posted to this new board I was the second person to respond and I asked her if I could combine my two surgery dates, divide in half and consider myself 14 months post op. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/member-interests/wls_grads/postdetail/1.html?vc=0 So, don't you fret a bit, I've been in corporate America for far too many years to be thinned skin. Now quit letting your tummy freak out over nothing! DD
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/05 12:55 am - Fort Myers, FL
I'm with ya Deb and I know others are also. Maybe they should put a disclaimer about "welcome to lurk, but please don't post unless you are one year out" as they do on the yahoo board? I think the private email response is a good idea. To be honest--I feel *****y thinking this way--but I do. Have a great day!
Darlene
on 8/4/05 2:03 am
Exactly, as I expressed that sentiment to you earlier this morning... Darlene
NowhereMan
on 8/4/05 2:06 am - NoWhere Land
The tried something like that on the men's board and the women went ballistic! Living in my nowhere land ..... Nowhere Man
misha
on 8/4/05 2:12 am - peoria, IL
I think the women went ballistic because one of the male posters would come to the main board to get support from women, then go to the mens forum and bash women, talking about how "needy and clingy" they were. He would put down women as long as he didn't need them. And yeah, that would **** me off if I was being treated that way!
Most Active
Recent Topics