Lauriesparkls’s Posts

Lauriesparkls
on 10/2/17 9:33 pm
Topic: RE: Sleeve to gastric bypass

Hi! Well it ended up not being the greatest. I thought that it was going to be super easy normal surgery, but not the case. The dr ended up stapling through a blood vessel. When I was in recovery I felt awful. Turns out I had massive internal bleeding and had to go back in to the or where they opened me up to repair it. I ended up in the hospital for over a week and needed a wound vac for over a month. Then another surgery to close the wound up. On the flip side, I don't have ANY reflux anymore and I've lost over 25 pounds! My case was a freak instance, so if you can get it done to reduce your reflux I would! It is so nice to eat and know it's not going to be talking to you later! ?

Lauriesparkls
on 12/31/16 3:14 pm

The reflux is a huge part of it. I am on a Zantac and Prilosec daily and it still bothers me. The weight gain is very aggravating too though. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, so I went back to basics. I started logging everything that went into my mouth in MyFitnessPal, cut out alcohol, and regular daily exercise. I started with getting 1000-1200 calories a day. That was back in sept. I now get about 700-800 calories a day. But since sept I have gained about 10 pounds. I've had all my levels checked and everything looks beautiful, I just can't figure out this gaining! I feel like such a huge failure. 

Lauriesparkls
on 12/29/16 5:40 pm

I had the sleeve done back in 2010. I went from 210 pounds to 103 at my lowest. I am 5 feet. I gained here and there but held pretty steady at 118. This past year I've just been piling on the weight. I am up to 146 pounds!! I've been watching my food intake like a hawk and working out daily, but it just keeps going up. I met with the surgeon today and we discussed doing the bypass. He said it's the best option since I have such bad reflux. Apparently my sleeve has dilated on the top and bottom, so it's like an hourglass shape. Just wondering how people have done with the switch? Am I going to have the hair loss again? And the whole dumping syndrome scares me to death! But going back to my old body scares me even more! 

Lauriesparkls
on 11/2/16 6:47 am
Topic: RE: Regaining weight - 4 1/2 years out

I am in that same boat with everyone else! I had a gastric  sleeve 6 years ago and went from 210lbs down to 105lbs in a year. I am only 5 feet. I kept it off pretty well. Gained some about 10lbs but was okay with 115-117lbs. From last oct to this oct I have gone from 117lb to 140!!! I am officially overweight again and scared to death! I don't want to go back there. I am logging my food, only getting at most 1200 calories a day, and exercising like crazy, 4-6 miles 4x a week + additional stuff. It just seems like the scale goes up everyday. I've gained 8lbs just this past month! I just don't get it. I have also made an appt with the Bariatric doc but it isn't until the 28th and I am petrified that I'll be up ANOTHER 10 pounds by then. I just feel horrible and like a total failure!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics