Recent Posts

Horacebeasley
on 2/15/24 2:36 am, edited 2/17/24 7:31 pm
Topic: RE: If you want to start a new business, here is one for you
On February 11, 2010 at 6:23 AM Pacific Time, mccashd wrote: Why has no-one started a gastric bypass food home delivery service. There are so many food delivery services like nutri system, bistro md, and biggest loser, but they don't tailor to our specific needs. There are many ways to open a business and become successful. But you most likely need to make risky decisions. I recently read about how to start a fintech company, I found here some useful tips. Not everyone gets it right the first time. But first, the main thing is to discover something small in order to understand how everything is built, then gradually increase it. Food delivery is a very good option. I think someone with some moxie and business sense, I have the former but not the latter, could really make a good business catering to our needs. Someone, Anyone! If you decide to do this, let me know, I will be customer #1.

I would think about such a proposal. Any ideas on how to implement it?

clairenew
on 2/12/24 1:11 pm
Jenniferc87
on 10/3/23 1:17 am
Topic: RE: Itchy rash after iron infusion??

I know this is long time ago but I'm having same issues it's every time after my infusion not day off but like 2-3 days later and it gets worse and worse til about 2 weeks in. And it takes time for iron to get in ur body cells etc so u can def have reaction days later I went urgent care bc I was itching so bad I thought I was going itch my skin off and the doctor said yep very common issue with infusions of iron is itchy itchy he gave me Benadryl and prednisone fun fun. I think I'm going b very cautious of iron and only take infusion if it's really urgent .

Betty T.
on 8/29/23 11:37 am - Winston Salem, NC
Topic: Stomach burns at times
I’m 17 years out and have a question. Does anyone on here ever have like all the sudden gas rise in your stomach and the pain starts to get really hard. If I’m at home I rush and drink pickle juice and get tums to start getting relief. If I didn’t get relief I know I would be be bent over with severe pain. Sometimes it comes from a fruity water or sometimes it will happen all the sudden. Could this be an ulcer? Thank you for your response!
My strength comes from above!  
Jennifer K.
on 6/20/23 4:58 am - Phoenix , AZ
Topic: 17 years!

Good morning all. 17 years ago today I was starting on a life changing journey. When I went for my surgery consult I was at my heaviest - 288lbs, currently I am now 135lbs. It took hard work and dedication to not only lose the weight but to maintain the weight loss for all these years. I eat healthy, workout and take care of myself inside and out. I get a physical annually and still take my vits/sups every day :-)

I am loving this life and so glad I made the decision to have surgery and be successful at it.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Ccecejac
on 3/18/23 5:33 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 02/06/20
Topic: Quitting Should Never Be An Option! Be Motivated Always!

Hi Bariatric Family,

I have been battling Obesity and battling Eating Disorder for over 10 years. I tried the Weight Management previous years before. I had a personal trainer, I was going to the gym, and I cut back on my calorie's intakes. Overall, I was able to lose 125 pounds. I was able to maintain and not regained the weight loss for 5 months the most. I was not able to lose any more weight I reached a Plateau!!! I spend more hours at the gym and ate food being mindful of calories intakes. I eventually, regained all 125 pounds I loss and regained additional over 100 pounds extra weight that I had to battle with ongoing.

I was wearing a Size 4X and 5X in jackets, a Size 5X to a Size 6X in pants, blouses, and clothes in general.. I always had to utilize an extension seat belt riding in the car, and this was my reason avoiding taking an airplane. I was almost 400 pounds. I decided to have the "Gastric Bypass Surgery" this surgery was the right fit for me because I needed to lose over 100 pounds. On February 6, 2020, I had the Gastric Bypass Surgery. I had no side effects and I did not have any complications. I followed my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and per instructions very "Important." I had a License Dietitian they give us support and guidance what food to avoid after the Bariatric Surgery (Post Op). The Dietitian is there to continue to assist us on our weight loss journey success. It is "Important" to follow your License Dietitian guidelines per instructions too!!

My Weight Loss journey was a new amazingly transformation. I loss almost 180 pounds my 3 years Post Op was on February 6, 2023. I have not regained any weight back and continue to lose 2 pounds to 3 pounds a week. I wear a Size 12 in pants, a Size small in shirts (tops), a Size medium in skirts and dresses. My coats and jackets are a Size small/medium. I am enjoying each day abundantly of joyfulness and continuous great success on my weight loss journey success until this day. "By the amazing grace of God made it possible." I am always delighted to share my "True Testimony" to inspire and genuinely helping others to overcome their battling with Obesity and overcome their battling with Eating Disorder.

I continue to apply my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and the License Dietitian I was receiving assistance from years ago their guidelines were always to eat in smaller portion and in moderation. I am very mindfully (aware) of healthy food to eat than food with high calories to not eat. I have adapted extremely well with my healthy eating patterns. I am delighted and continuing enjoying my amazingly new transformation every day! I keep my "Mindset" continuously motivated, discipline, fully committed, and strongly mindful is the key to not regain any weight back. This how you avoid weight gain and prevent setbacks!!!

I have a compassion for helping others in a positive way (that is what I do). We must continue to support and edify one another. If someone had a setback (regained weight) and need advice well, I support them how I am continuing to have weight loss success, then be supportive and give them guidance in helping them to reach their weight loss goals.

Our Weight Loss Journey is a Lifetime and a Lifetime Commitment for the rest of our lives. I would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to read my "True Testimony."

Respectfully,

Cece

Figgz
on 8/24/22 11:27 am
Topic: RE: 13 years and counting

Congratulations on your continued success!! I remember my first months after RNY thinking what did I do?!?!? Now it's 12 years later and I would not have changed a thing!! Best decision of my life! ?

My highest weight was 365 before surgery and my lowest was 180 while I was still working. I'm currently hanging around 200. My body seems happy with this. I still have all my skin post op and have no interest in having it removed.

Hope all is well on this warm sunny afternoon!
~m

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/21 9:35 am
Topic: RE: RYN 8 Years ago & Teeth are Breaking Off

I think that dental care is very important. My mother constantly told me that I should monitor the condition of my teeth since childhood!

CJ1207
on 8/15/21 9:18 pm
Topic: RE: My Thyroid Failed. not my surgery

Thank you so much for sharing this information! God Bless you!

My Hypothyroidism was dx in 2006 but I still gained and gained. In 2015 at 388 I had my surgery. By 2017 I was happy at size 8 or 10 and about 185. I am 5'6". Then covid and I have no idea why yet but I went down to 138 which put me in a size 2 . I also have lymphedema in my whole body. It is not reversible or curable only treatable. There I was so skinny that everyone was accusing me of intentional restrictions and my ankle still didn't fit into skinny jeans. Fast forward to Jan of 2021 I had gotten back up to 155 and the dropped my thyroid replacement now I weigh 225 and I am still gaining. I have taken pramipexole all these years and never even looked at it.

I will now!

Fast

JA
on 7/21/21 6:55 pm - East Haven, CT
Topic: Today I celebrate 17 years since my WLS

Celebrating 17 years since my gastric bypass today. It's been a rough year,as I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had COVID. I'm happy to say I'm still minus 110 lbs. very grateful for this tool and Dr Robert Bell who did my surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics