Plastics to wait or not to wait...

Nathalie R.
on 4/3/11 11:00 am - Oklahoma City, OK
hey guys,
I am a little over a year out and pretty much at goal. I know I should wait a little longer for plastics but I had a few questions. Here are my stats to start off... I am 27 yrs old 5' 5", Starting weight 296, current weight 145. I am going to want a lower body lift and a breast lift with possible augmentation. The only thing is that I have no children yet and plan of having at least one in the future. Did any of you guys wait until you had childrend to have plastics or did you just go for it? Also if you had children after plastics how did the plastics hold up. I mean I can deal with a little extra skin from pregnancy but did your breasts droop a lot after having a baby after an augmentation? I guess I am afraid that if I have plastics I am going to have to go in again for a touch up. I really really want plastics since I look like a melting candle so to say. In clothes it isn't bad and my husband doesn't complain but I am unhappy with how I look, I am just all deflated. Please if you have an opinion I would love to hear it. I am just trying to get some perspective on this whole process.

Thanks everyone.
Nathalie

*also posted on Plastic surgery board
*~*~* True Beauty lies within the Imperfections *~*~*
Find me on Facebook...
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1437043148&ref=name
flyersgal
on 4/3/11 11:51 am - NJ
 I would like to know the answers to these questions as well.  I'm 28 and hoping to have kids at some point in the future, after I have roux en Y.  I'd like to think that the best thing to do is whatever makes you happy, but all those surgeries add up!  I have heard it's better to wait until after you have children if you want breast lifts, but that augmentation doesn't affect breast feeding.  Anyone know?
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 11:52 am
Congrats on your weight loss. I'm a dude and can't advise about plastics and having kids, but I can say that you're a bit early out for plastics. You want to wait at least a good six months in maintanence to make sure your weight is stable.
Nathalie R.
on 4/3/11 1:40 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks for the response. I know that I need to wait just to make sure plus I might want to lose another 5-10lbs... maybe. I was just throwing this out there to see what others have done. I have started researching surgeons but not met with any yet. I am a researcher and can't just pick a surgeon from a list and be happy. Also being a dude you can have plastics too... just not quite the same :)

BTW Yehuda have done amazing with your weight loss!!

Find me on Facebook...
Samantha L.
on 4/4/11 10:21 am
i would say wait 1 year from the point that you reached your goal weight before getting plastic surgery. some people say that it took about a year for their skin to start looking normal.
NursieGirl
on 4/4/11 10:53 am
Wait if you can, go for it if you can't!  I know that if I choose to have children I am going to have to have plastics afterward.  However, I have had saggy breasts since I was ten and it has always bothered me, so I feel like I deserve to have them fixed now so that I can feel good about myself NOW

Nathalie R.
on 4/4/11 11:45 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Yeah that is why I am torn. I want kids but I don't know how soon I want them... So I am not sure how long my wait would be, so that is why I am trying to figure out what I want right now. I have also had saggy breasts for a long time. I have been in a bra since the third grade. Right now I am a 32-34 F but a lot of the volume is gone and I want some of that back. I too feel good about my weight loss but want to feel 100% about my looks. I will keep you all posted on what I decide :)

Find me on Facebook...
sundaymorning
on 4/9/11 9:41 am
 I went to a support group where a plastic surgeon who specialized in plastic surgery after wls.  He said you can have plastics before you have kids as long as you don't expect to have kids within the next 2 years.  Also, you can plan for plastics when you are no longer in the losing phase.  He said to check your weight every week and if in 2 months you've lost anything, you should wait.  Hope this helps and good luck with your decision.
Nathalie R.
on 4/9/11 10:54 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks so much...this helps me out a lot. I am thinking of going for it... just have to get the funds together for it and the time saved up to be off from work. Thanks again for the info.
Find me on Facebook...
NursieGirl
on 4/9/11 1:09 pm
So if I wanted and planned to lose more weight, but haven't lost any for four or five months, I can do my plastics?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 455 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2188 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4095 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6656 views