My weekend huddle

Jackie_Fabulous
on 5/14/11 6:19 am - NC
I am currently on my 2 week liquid diet, and it is getting tough.  Today I went to my sister's surprise party, and it was a challenge.  They had a bunch of make-your-own-burrito food and a pineapple upside down cake.  It all looked so amazing.  I did good and stuck to this damn liquid diet and only drank water.  When I left, I got in the car and started to cry because I miss food so damn much!

So, I know everyone says that it gets better, but I need to know what got you through the pre-op liquid diet.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I have been on the diet since monday, have not cheated at all, and have only lost 5lbs.  I thought people typically loose 20-30lbs before surgery.
toccaralynn
on 5/14/11 8:02 am
I remember the 2 weeks liquid diet...I thought okay I can do this until that first day happened and I literally cried and now I look back and think wow who would have thought someone who would be having weight loss surgery would cry over not being able to actually eat. It did get better along the way however I didn't have your willpower I broke the first 3 days and actually ate real food and then I keep reminding my self wait what am I doing I'm about to have surgery to help aid me to lose weight and I can't even seem to go 2 weeks on Liquids then I started to actually get down to business. After those three days stickly liquids I think the one thing that helped me was, I was allowed yougurt and pudding and jell-o so using silverware made me feel like I was actually EATING and not just on liquids. Best of luck and let everyone know how your doing. Just remember it does get easier and you will have people reminding you need to eat sooner than you think.

Jackie_Fabulous
on 5/14/11 10:30 am - NC
Thanks for your response!  I felt so dumb crying over food, but I am so glad it was not just me.  I have actually done fine except for the first day and today.  I think it is because I am so used to eating to be social.  I went and found a new shake to drink today, Cookies and Cream.  It helped a little, and I do eat ice pops and jello, but I really want pizza or cake.  LOL, I cant imagine people every telling me to eat.
toccaralynn
on 5/17/11 10:28 pm
Is your shake called Pure Protein? Either way that is one of the few that I can actually stand to drink it actually taste good to me. Keep up the good work and sooner than you think it will be done and over with and remember to take alot of before pictures that is something I wish I would have done more of. Also get a tape measure and measure everything before surgery you will be shocked how fast you start to shrink. I know I have lost weight but I struggle to honestly see it on myself. So I have to look at before and after pictures.

Jackie_Fabulous
on 5/18/11 9:09 am - NC
 I haven't tried Pure Protein.  I use EAS protein powders, and CVS protein powders.  I discovered I don' like the ones that are already made with milk, I like to use my almond milk instead.  I have taken a lot of pictures, but I am going to take some more at the hospital and everything.  I need to measure myself though, thanks for the tip.  I'm sure I won't see the weightloss by looking at myself, I think its because we are so used to seeing ourselves big.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 455 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2190 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4098 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6659 views