Starting Pre-op diet

MsAReed86
on 6/29/11 7:48 am - IL
Hey everyone,
Just figured I'd check in, since its been a while since I posted anything on here. So today I officially started my  pre-op diet. I tried starting it on monday to get the hang of it, and I did good until dinner time and by then I was starving. So I decided to go a head and wait until my doctor ordered start date. I have to tell you when you cannot have real food, everything looks good and it seems like you get hungry way more often.
For instance, a normal day I may only get hungry around lunch time, so I normally eat a nice size lunch and I'm good the rest of the day. But mentally knowing that I cannot eat certain things and that I can only have 2 protein shakes, 3 medium sized fruits, 3/4c of veggies and liquids, has made me extremely hungry. So far I have had a protein shake, and 2 medium sized fruits, and 2 sugar free jellos and its 4:30 and I feel as though i am starving; not just in my head but my stomach is literally crying.
I would say I can't wait for these 2 weeks to be up, but then I won't even be able to eat! 
Well wish me luck cause I'm gonna need it, especially with the 4th coming up and the smell of BBQ in the air.

Lisie318
on 7/2/11 4:46 am - VA
 chug down some water. i swear by it. i was on a liquid and jello diet only and it wasnt that bad just remember to drink alot of water, should help with the tummy hunger. and for the head hunger just keep telling yourself its for a great cause.

Samantha L.
on 7/2/11 5:35 am
you can drink protein shakes, soups that don't have lots of sugar and fat in them, broths.. i bought some unflavored protein powder and mixed it into soups. doc said any fat free condensed soups were fine as long as they didn't have chunks of anything in them. those helped me the most because it felt like real food.

the first 3-4 days are the hardest for the liquid pre op diet, after those initial days it gets much easier. your stomach wont be as mad.
MsAReed86
on 7/5/11 3:44 am - IL
Thanks Samantha,
I'm definitely gonna have to try the fat free condensed soups, maybe it will help take the edge off my hunger.

mellasmomma0709
on 7/5/11 12:16 am - IL
just hang in there -this is probly the hardest part of the whole thing,you make it trhough this then you got it made girl!!!
Loving this new life, just trying to figure it all out and take it all in day by day!!!
MsAReed86
on 7/5/11 3:43 am - IL
Thanks Ladies,
One week down and one more week to go before surgery. I can't wait to rid this hungry feeling in my stomach. On the bright side I've lost almost 10 lbs during the first week of this liquid pre-op diet.

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 466 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2208 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4112 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6669 views