Hello!

harmerel194
on 10/2/11 8:45 am
Hello! I'm new to OH. I'm currently in the process of being approved for my WLS. My initial screening is on October 12. I was just wondering what I should expect from this? I know you have to have multiple evaluations, but I'm just not sure what to expect.
Yehuda G.
on 10/2/11 2:10 pm
Hi there. First, do you know what surgery you want to have?

If not, please research all your options before consulting with a surgeon.

I had the duodenal switch, and you can read about this procedure here www.dsfacts.com/

There is also the vertical sleeve gastrectomy. You can get info on the sleeve forum here or this link is also good gastricsleeve.com/

There is also the RNY gastric bypass and lap band, but I don't know of any specific sites for those surgeries. You can learn about them on these forums.

harmerel194
on 10/2/11 10:03 pm
I was leaning more towards the RNY surgery. But I haven't really looked into the DS yet! I'll have to do that before the 12th. Thank you!
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/11 11:27 pm - RI
WELCOME and best of luck to you on this journey!! 
harmerel194
on 10/3/11 4:11 am
Thank you! I'm finding that I don't really have much support from some of my family on this, except for my older sister, who is also hoping to have have WLS sometime this year. I'm glas that I've found a very nice group here!
jfur
on 10/4/11 11:27 pm - Topeka, KS
Congrats on making the big decision. I didn't have a screening per say.. I just had to do a three month diet and exercise regimen that was monitored by my doctors. Then they did a psyc evaluation and I talked with the surgeon. After the diet and exercise was finished then they submitted my info to the insurance and I was approved in a few weeks. I don't know what all your doctor may have you do though. If you have any questions about RNY I'd love to answer them. There are many on this site that have had the surgery and I'm sure that they would love to share info with you. Good luck and Congrats!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 455 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2190 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4098 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6659 views