Saggy Skin!? (woman)

RPrice85
on 10/30/11 5:08 am - MI
So I just found this forum...I have been on OH for about a month now and go to the VSG board every day because that is the surgery I am planning on having. I have seen this question asked there, but most of the people on that forum are older. So I was just wondering from some of the woman in my age group that are further out how is the skin holding up? I am 26 and 5'5', I have been over weight the majority of my life and all of my adult life, plus I have had a kid. I am not expecting not to have any saggy skin...though that would be wonderful! I would much rather be slimmer & healthier then over weight! Was just wondering
5'5" 26yrs old HW:288, SW:253, CW:225; Lost 35lbs pre-op, Mo1: 21lbs

exohexoh
on 10/30/11 6:45 am - West Chester, PA
 i think my skin is pretty bad, i'm not sure what others think about it though. i definitely hope to have plastics eventually, pretty much everywhere, tummy tuck, arms, thighs, butt, boobs....

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Cindy22706
on 10/30/11 9:37 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I was wondering the same thing... They say the younger you are the better your skin will 'bounce back'....
blair94
on 10/30/11 2:16 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
 I don't know how mine is in comparison to older post-ops but I know i'm not satisfied. Part of it is saggy skin, the other part is the stretch marks. I'm most unhappy with my stomach. My arms are fine, I'm not too picky. My inner thighs, however, have LOTS of extra skin up near my "area", but again, i'm most unhappy with my stomach. I posted a video of my stomach here before. I'll see if I can find it & repost for you.
Message me for my Instagram/Facebook/Twitter details.
RPrice85
on 11/1/11 10:00 am - MI
In your avatar pic you look great! congrats on your loss and I hope I will be at that point sometime in the near future! It's not like I ever plan on wearing a bikini, but I am just curious about the skin.
unexpected
on 11/1/11 2:32 pm - East Orange, NJ
I"m really happy I found this forum ... I'm only 21  with no childern and my major concerns are the excess skin and what issues I may encounter in the future with having childern . I don't want to go through all of this just to look like and old lady when i take my clothes
***Unexpected***

nursejill0
on 11/2/11 2:59 pm
I am glad you asked this RPrice85. I am in the same boat wanting to know about that. I am scheduled for surgery in January and have recently joined the site. I am 28 and 5' 2" and have been overweight since elementary school. I keep hoping that because I am young it won't be too much of an issue. I expect some, but hoping it's not too bad.
 ~nursejill0~

sundaymorning
on 11/8/11 2:59 am
 I was hoping the same thing and many people told me the saggy skin will not be that bad.

My boobs look like saggy bags, my stomach and inner thighs are a mess, and my arms look like bat wings.  

Good luck with your decision.  Although I hate the saggy skin, I prefer it over being fat.

straberryz
on 11/14/11 11:13 am - Ottawa, Canada

Its definatly a combination of age, genetics, and how long your skin has been stretched to hold your weight, if you smoke, nutrients.....

If youve had a child, did you get stretch marks?...did you bounce back?....I think those would be good questions to get an idea too.

Im my situation, ive been overweight since gr 7, both my pregnancies I didnt get one stretch mark, but since ive put on a ton of weight in the past three years, i now have stretch marks! Ive also been a smoker on and off the past 10 years...and I know thats really bad for your skin.

Everyones different, start saving for plastice now..lol...just in case

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 456 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2195 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4100 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6660 views