Birth Control

Kenochs84
on 11/15/11 12:37 am - PA
RNY on 01/03/12
Hi Ladies!

I went off of my birth control pill about a month a half ago.  My dr told me that I would need to go off of oral contraceptives at least a month before surgery and that it shouldn't be continued post op due to absorption issues.  Anyways.  I am looking into the IUD as an option...I don't want to do DEPO because I have been on it in the past and I want to have kids as soon as the time frame with surgery allows.  What have you done for long term birth control?  Or what has your experience been like?

On another note...surgery is scheduled for 1/3/12 and I got a call this morning telling me that my surgery is approved!  
Ashleyxx
on 11/15/11 2:41 am - Detroit, MI
Im curious to hear aswell.

Congrats on getting approved and having a surgery date!! I was kinda in shock when they told me lol.
Kenochs84
on 11/15/11 3:07 am - PA
RNY on 01/03/12
On November 15, 2011 at 10:41 AM Pacific Time, Ashleyxx wrote:
Im curious to hear aswell.

Congrats on getting approved and having a surgery date!! I was kinda in shock when they told me lol.
Thanks on the congrats!  :)  Congrats to you too! 
Vanessa A.
on 11/15/11 3:03 am - FL

I have had the mirena for 3 years now and i love it!!!!!  it reduced and or took away my periods all together!

God grant me with the serenity to accept the things i cannot change ;  Courage to change the things that i can ;  and the wisdom to know the difference!!!

Kenochs84
on 11/15/11 3:07 am - PA
RNY on 01/03/12

Since posting I scheduled an appt to get the mirena.  Did it hurt?  I am super nervous about it hurting!  I haven't had children, and they say that it can be more difficult.  Glad that you love your Mirena!!  I am hoping to keep it in for about 1.5-2 years...then try to have a baby...then maybe the Mirena again or the nuva ring or patch.  We'll see!  

Vanessa A.
on 11/15/11 4:26 am - FL
it feels like your first day of your period, but its nothing too bad, You just have cramps

God grant me with the serenity to accept the things i cannot change ;  Courage to change the things that i can ;  and the wisdom to know the difference!!!

Kenochs84
on 11/15/11 4:29 am - PA
RNY on 01/03/12
 Ok..good to know!  :)  Thanks! :)
exohexoh
on 11/15/11 6:19 am - West Chester, PA
 i have the nuvaring. i like it, only problem is i do need to take it out during sex because it irritates the guy i'm seeing and was a little uncomfortable for me as well.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Kenochs84
on 11/15/11 6:24 am - PA
RNY on 01/03/12
 My concern is that right now it's difficult to insert nuva ring. I know that sounds terrible...but I know this will change post surgery and weight loss! Good to know that Nuva ring works for you! 
exohexoh
on 11/15/11 10:42 am - West Chester, PA
 i didn't even think about that. i didn't start using it until i was 8 months or so out of surgery and probably down around 80-85 lbs, but i definitely wouldn't have been able to put it in pre-op either. it's weird how soon we forget...

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 460 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2199 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4106 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6665 views