2 weeks away from my surgery date!

Kenochs84
on 12/19/11 10:32 pm - PA
RNY on 01/03/12
I have been feeling a bit nervous.  I think I am struggling with feeling nervous about the actual procedure, but also about the "after".   I am so ready to be healthy, thin, and able to do things I haven't been able to do for so long; however I am mourning the loss of being "normal".  You know?  Of course I know this is all irrational...and that once I get there I am going to feel wonderful!  Just the fear of the unknown.  I also worry about something happening to me...and what would happen to my husband if that happened....again...irrational considering I am doing this so I don't have an early demise.  Thanks for listening to me!!  
pvcountrygal
on 12/20/11 8:00 am
I know exaclty how your feeling. I am a week out now. The full liquid diet isn't the greatest but I tell myself its only two weeks. You will do fine and its all worth it!!! GOOD LUCK!!! :-)
kate789
on 12/20/11 3:29 pm - Colorado &, NY
 I promise you this feeling is so normal. Worrying about surgery is expected because it is such a big decision and change but will make you so much healthier and happier. When I got my surgery I was like "ok, I'm ready..... hurry up!" I was just so prepared to move past that part of my life and wanted a change and wanted to plan the future and buy bikinis and finally see and feel the difference. I blew out my knee a few months after surgery and was so limited for such a  long time that I'd just sit in the dark and cry and be like "WHYYY MEEE?" - I'm finally ready to loose weight and be active and now I'm stuck with crutches. I would come to the forum and rant about my worries and how I felt and everyone was so supportive. There was one day a couple months after surgery where my best friend came over for lunch and it was the first time I'd seen her since the surgery. I was still getting used to my new system and we were so wrapped up in our conversation that I ate too much too fast and didn't chew well enough and I just turned and threw up (sorry for the details), when she asked If I was ok I burst into tears and wailed "I just want to be faaaaaat." Not my proudest moment but I can joke anbout it now- I think it was especially difficult being 21 and at college where everyone can eat and drink whatever so I did have moments of "I just want to be normal." It is all a process with ups and downs and when you get to that place where you've reached your goal you'll realize what all the hard work was for. We are all here to give each other support, listen to rants, give advice and relate to one another. And I'm sure your husband will be a good support and friend along this journey. I guess I should have checked to see what surgery you're getting, poo. Even though I may not be able to know 100% what you're going through please know you're welcome to message me. I just say this because I wish I'd been on OH and had support from people more my age when I was getting my surgery. 
I wish you the best of luck! And forgot to say congratulations on this new step and welcome to the family!
 Kate 

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 460 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2199 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4106 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6665 views