Extra skin!

kelly_p
on 7/18/12 3:30 pm
 hey guys,

I am not at goal yet but have lost 80 lbs. I have extra skin on my arms and theighs. I was wondering if exercise actually helps. Ive heard some people say that it actually looks worst  when you're getting to goal than when your done with you weight loss. Does anyone know if this is true?? I would love to hear your experiences and will appreciate any advice you have..
smiley_k
on 7/19/12 2:20 pm
Hi Kelly,

Exercise can help, but extra skin that's stretched out isn't going to magically go back to where it should be. From my understanding, there are many factors that contribute to how much extra skin you will have at the end of your journey, such as how long you were overweight, genetics, skin elasticity, diet, exercise, etc.
That being said, I have managed to tone up my arms with exercise. It's not so much that the skin isn't there, it's just that it's not as noticable because the muscle underneath is toned up. One exercise I did a lot of until I was able to do things like push ups, were reverse curls (I think that's what they're called LOL). I got a heavy jug (like a full three litre bottle of whatever you have on hand in the kitchen) and grasp it with both hands behind your head. You elbows will be pointed to the ceiling and your hands and the bottle will dangle at your back below your head, then you pull the bottle up until your arms are almost completely straight and the bottle is above your head and lower it again. You can do reps of this with both arms, or alternating one arm at a time. This works the lower arm muscle pretty well. 
Walking, running, swimming are all great for your thighs. 

I hope these ideas help!
Katie  ♥     

kelly_p
on 7/23/12 7:20 am
 heyy thank you for helping me out. i will diffinitely try the exercises you mentioned

Roly
on 8/1/12 11:16 am - windsor, Canada
Underworks.com

I have alot of extra skin. Wearing stuff like this makes me look better and helps keep me stable while working out. Its like a 2nd skin to me. They really do help
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 450 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2178 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4091 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6650 views