Type of surgery and regrets?

Katiebear291
on 6/9/13 8:46 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

What Type of surgery has everyone had?

Any regrets?

Does it get in the way of life ... being so young would you have waited?

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

sunny_disposition
on 6/9/13 10:51 pm - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

I had the sleeve done in January, about a month before my 23rd birthday.  I'm not that far out, but already I know this is the best gift I ever could have given myself.  I recovered quickly, and have had no complications or issues.  Surgery has enabled me to live a better life.  I can do more of what I want to do without feeling hindered or held back because of my weight.  I feel stronger inside and out!  Definitely no regrets here!

exohexoh
on 6/13/13 8:21 pm - West Chester, PA

i had rny at 24. no regrets about the surgery itself, just wish i would have stuck to the rules a little better in the beginning to make things easier now, and maybe have lost a bit more. i never felt like it got in the way, other than my excess skin keeping me from dating as much i would have. i had a tummy tuck last week so hopefully that will help...

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

sirenitycalling
on 6/16/13 10:29 pm - OH

Lap RNY in 2009 at age 22.

Regrets:

Waiting until I was almost 400lbs to look into surgery.

I have lost and kept off 120lbs and I still feel large.

Perks:

I am mature enough to face the lifestyle changes necessary to make the surgery successful.

Being young, I had few health complications to worry about and a quick recovery.

I did not have a life pre-op to get in the way of. It gave me the tool that I needed to loose weight and start truly living. My professors are accommodating to my need to have a mini meal or sip water in class when necessary. If I thought I was mature enough, I would have started the process and then had surgery at a slightly younger age.  

GreenisLove
on 6/17/13 12:40 pm - CA
VSG on 05/29/13

I'm 25 and had the VSG about 3 weeks ago. Regrets? None so far!

The reason why I chose to have it so young is because I read the regrets from other people on these forums and everyone's regret? "I didn't do it sooner". I wasn't gonna let that be me.

Amy W.
on 6/21/13 11:39 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Of course it gets in the way of life, but you take the good with the bad...

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Amy W.
on 6/21/13 11:40 pm - Buckeye, AZ
p.s.- My only regret was not taking my vitamins.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

ANGELOJOS27
on 6/25/13 6:49 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

DS 2/5/13

I am 28

No regrets so far! I wish the vitamins where not so expensive but I don't regret my decision. I've lost 124 to date and im doing everything right...

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

HappyDreamer
on 7/8/13 12:56 am

I've had well HAVE the REALIZE Band, do i regret it? in the beginning no because it did help me lose some of my weight, but on the other hand I do regret it because I'm now looking into having a revision due to complications and also because the tool just doesn't work anymore. the only time it gets in the way of life is when it comes to eating...& no I wouldn't have waited to get the surgery.

brittany2skinny
on 7/20/13 12:15 am - AL
RNY on 02/11/13

I had the RNY Gastric Bypass in Feb 2013. I was 23 years old and i would not change it for the world. I do not regret it and i will never regret it! it was the best decision i have made for myself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 445 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2174 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4086 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views