Babies!

MarianneS
on 7/26/05 11:11 pm - MD
Just interested.................anyone worried about having a baby after all of your weightloss. My husband and I want one very badly but after all this hardwork I don't want to blow it. We are thinking this time next year we will start trying but I am so worried about gaining my weight back. I never want to be miserable like I was before. --Marianne 5'0 256/138/120
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/26/05 11:15 pm - Crossville, TN
Oh god yes. I'm totally with you. But I'm also worried about how we squeeze this watermelon out of our... ya know. *crosses legs tightly* However, out of all honestly -- Since surgery, I've just been afraid of sex period. I heard from many people getting preganat is far more easy then before. Ick. Either way, good luck and have fun! If you need other questions about this... there is a WLS Pregnancy Board! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/amosforums/postop_pregnancy/ -Katie
MarianneS
on 7/26/05 11:22 pm - MD
Oh man................I try to forget about the squeezing a watermelon part LOL! Thanks for the link! I do check out the pregnancy forum from time to time just to see how much each woman has gained but the weird thing is its not really an issue to them............they are more worried about having a healthy baby. I will probably be the same way. --Marianne 5'0 256/138/120
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/26/05 11:24 pm - Crossville, TN
LOL! Sorry for bringing up THAT part! It's funny though - A WLS friend and I were just talking about it last night. Goodness, we were both laughing so hard. Men. Have it so easy. Anyhow, I don't think you'll gain *all* of your weight back. But you will have to eat a little more of the protein foods, in order to eat for 2. So to speak. Either way, I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!
special kay
on 7/26/05 11:26 pm - Ladson, SC
The watermelon coming out is not so bad. I had a 10 lb. baby naturally. Ok well yea it does hurt but the pain dont last long. Would I do it again.. NOPE!
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/26/05 11:30 pm - Crossville, TN
OMG! My jaw totally dropped when I read this! How on earth does a 10 pound watermelon...err baby come out down there? Grr... *Deletes that picture from my mind... FAST!* Then again, as my friend and I were talking about last night -- We could just get a c-section. We'd have like a T scar on our tummy! We'd be freakin hot babes then! Totally! LOL!
Heather L.
on 7/27/05 12:27 am - Marion, VA
My son weighed 9 pounds 1/4 oz and was delivered naturally. Everyone always asks me why I don't just say 9 pounds and my reply is, "because I felt every _ _ _ _ oz!" Anyway, I also have a baby girl and she was a c-section. Honestly, I would rather do it natural than by c-section. The recovery is so much harder with a c-section!
Skinny_Jennie
on 7/27/05 1:19 am - Gunter AFS, AL
Wow lemme jump in on this....I had a c-section...and if you think the whole water melon part hurts...um....This is TMI but I couldn't even wipe myself post op after I went to the bathroom because I could barely move my abdomen. You don't realize how much you use your stomach muscles for until you absolutely can't use them. It took two days for me to be able to go from laying down to sitting up without crying hysterically. I don't want to scare you but I had to rain on your c section parade LOL. IT SUCKS! cutting uterus open = OWIE! But with that being said...you did have WLS and I'm assuming you had open since you said a t shaped scar...and yikes...I've heard that's owie...I had lap and it didn't hurt at all comparitively.
MarianneS
on 7/26/05 11:32 pm - MD
You delivered a 10 pound baby? WOWWWW! I am glad to see this because my husband was a 10 pounder when he was born so I was real worried about this. I do not want to have a c-section so its nice to see that it can be done naturally. --Marianne 5'0 256/138/120
special kay
on 7/26/05 11:37 pm - Ladson, SC
Yep its possible. At first the dr did not want me to deliver naturally because they knew it was going to be big and I was so young but she came so quick. She ripped me a little but It really was not that bad. Good Luck in your decision. Children are a blessing!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 455 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2190 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4098 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6659 views