A question about loose skin?

trstears
on 7/27/05 2:58 am - Lafayette, LA
Hey you guys, since we are in our 20's can someone tell me about loose skin..is it bad.........I am about to be 21, I am 5'1'' weighing now 215 (I started at 234) I am still pre-op, I am hoping my skin will shrink! any answers will help...........and about laser treatment for stretch marks? Thanks
MarianneS
on 7/27/05 3:49 am - MD
Tama, I am 23 started out 5'0 256 so I was larger than you but anyway ...................My skin I would say is bad but not as bad as I have seen (for example my mom had the surgery and her skin is way worse than mine so I think age does play a factor). I do have a panni but it can be hid in clothing. My arms are probably my worst part of me but I had really big arms to begin with. I cannot wear sleeveless shirts because of the skin. I also think stretch marks play a roll. My arms had really bad stretch marks on the inside so that is wear the skin is hanging. I would love to have a tummy tuck, implants and brachioplasty but for one I have no money and two I want a baby so it is pointless. Maybe sometime down the road I will decide to go through with the full body makeover. I think that you are at a lower weight and BMI so you will probably have better results. But the way I see it is..............I would rather look like this than look the way I was before hands down. Good Luck in your journey! --Marianne 5'0 256/138/120
Skinny Mama
on 7/27/05 6:01 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Tama, I had my surgery 2/15/05. Im done to 172 from 260(been stuck for a whole week grrr.) My skin is pretty well bouncing back. Of course its not great, but Ive had two kids already so thats mostly to blame. I was around 145-150 when I got preg with my first and went to 255. I got preg again when she was 5 months old and still hadnt lost all the weight so I went to 245 with her. So I gained weight really quick with the first and my tummy looks like a roadmap of stretchmark city. The skins pretty well going back to were it should be, but it is loose(not hanging or anything though) in the tummy area. Everywhere else is going back great though.(I always carried my weight in my tummy anyway) My thighs are gettin nice and toned, my arms are lookin good, even my boobs are doing decent(after breastfeeding though.....well they arent as perky as they used to be) I know I'm going to end up with a tummy tuck and some breast implants(I'm already to a 36C and still losing I figure I'll end up a B when I'm done losing) Mine will be pure cosmetic vanity on my part though. With clothes on everything looks really good, I'm just not happy with my stomach, I want it FLAT. I dont have a hanging panni or skin folds so I feel happy with that. I dont mind the stretch marks I figure once they tuck off the lower skin most of em will be gone then, and whatevers left oh well. Some skinny women who were never overweight get them too so its no biggie. I think since we are younger we have a better chance of things bouncing back. Since youre a "lightweight" that will go in your favor too. Its pretty well just a waiting game. I figure start saving the money now, if you need plastics you have a headstart, if not hey you have a nice nest egg to spend on clothes and other stuff. Good luck! Krystle
Brittany B.
on 7/28/05 2:24 pm - jesup, GA
Are any of you wearing bathing suits?
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 455 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2190 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4098 views
Feeling lost