is it just me?

gummi
on 8/5/05 9:26 am - pembroke pines, FL
hi everyone, i have a question,..... does anyone ever wake up with a disgusting taste in their mouth. i sure do, it's way more than just morning breathe,lol. what about super smell, i smell everything so intensly it makes me gag sometimes. grrr i can't wait to get over this first stage!!!!!
gummi
on 8/6/05 11:33 am - pembroke pines, FL
i'm really just on liquids. i have to have gum in my mouth most of the time but the morning it's worst when i just wake up. lets just hope it goes away soon. thanks for responding. maria
artisticdork
on 8/7/05 2:55 am - brigantine, NJ
I had that too, i was brushing my teeth and using listerine 24/7 but as time went on it went away, i think its just part of the healing process and the fact that your only getting liquids or purred stuff :/ mine seemed to go away at the 12 week point with also happened to be the point when i was able to start basically any food i wanted. _mike openRNY 2/25/05 623/500/200ish
gummi
on 8/7/05 11:17 am - pembroke pines, FL
thanks for enlightening me that there will be an end to this. i'm almost 3 weeks post so lets see how long i have to deal!! well thanks again, and congrats on your loss. maria
Sarah Joy
on 8/7/05 11:08 am - Hawthorne, CA
This could be Ketosis. It happens when there is not enough carbs in your body, and you are burning pure fat. It is the 'goal' of the Atkins diet, and whether or not it's good for you over long periods of time is debatable, but it's likely that it will taper off once you get to thicker liquids and more solid foods.
gummi
on 8/7/05 11:22 am - pembroke pines, FL
hi sarah, that sounds like a good explanation. i actually just remembered about that happening before. i did the atkins a few years ago but i thought that taste issue ended up being because i had gotten pregnant and didn't know when i started the diet. but if it does have to do that it's because i'm burning fat, well then lets go, i'll just keep gum around, lets get rid of all that fat,lol. maria
Jennifer G.
on 8/8/05 3:03 am - Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for asking this.. I will be 2months post op tomorrow and have been haveing the bad morning breath ever since surgery, It makes me gag to but, when i get up I have to brush my teeth as soon as I get up and that seems to help... also a lot of tic tac's
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 451 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2182 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4091 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6652 views