waiting for insurance approval

austinsmom
on 9/30/05 4:59 am - Linton, IN
Hi I am new to the sight. I am 32 and weigh 302 and am 5'2''. I am diabetic have high b/p hypothyroidism knee and hip pain high cholesterol and a few other problems due to being over weight my bmi is 55. I just sent all of the paper work to the insurance co this morning. Please wish me luck I have a feeling I am going to need it.
dkinhb
on 9/30/05 5:07 am - huntington beach, CA
Hi Kylie....waiting is the worst part of everything huh?? I have PacifiCare (CA) and my BMI is 42.5 and I got approved right away. I'm sure you will too. I just got my surgery date - Feb 6 - and I'm sure you will be right behind me.... good luck dawn
austinsmom
on 9/30/05 10:27 pm - Linton, IN
Hi Dawn... good luck with your surgery and I will be thinking about you.
FullfiguredVirgoGal
on 10/1/05 1:15 pm - Altoona, IA
Hi Kylie, Welcome to the OH family in their 30's. I am 32 years young, and I am awaiting my surgery date. I too have numerous ailments that were brought on by my obesity. I am 5'7" and my BMI is 54.4, 337lbs. down from 59.9 360lbs. I have to lose weight b4 I can have surgery. So let's hope that your insurance company does not do this to you. I don't want to boast, but I got approval in 4 days. BUT, I had to indure somethings b4 my surgeons office even submitted my papers for approval, and to me that was a long wait for approval. I thought I had everything together in May, but they kept saying they need one more thing for 6 weeks. I finally put my foot down and said send it in, and I was told that I risk a chance of denial if they submitted b4 they had all the necessary paper work. But I said do it anyway and in 4 days I got a call of approval. I then realized that they were looking at someone else's denial from the same insurance company and were using it as a layout for submitting. But everyone is not the same and every case should be treated differently. I am just telling you this, just in case you run into the "we need one more thing" problem. Anywho, GOOD LUCK and I know you are going to be approved sooner than you think. Take care Nissah The F.AT Slayer 360/337/???/180 80 days and counting....
jounjian
on 10/3/05 5:54 am - San Pablo, CA
Hi, I am also new and waiting for approval from Kaiser. I am pretty optimistic since I got word that I do have 2 comorbidities and a BMI high enough to get the surgery. I have a great PCP who has had many patients go through the surgery, even the daughter of one of my closest friends! Good luck!
stilletto8
on 8/6/09 1:48 am - Brookline, MA
Hi, My name is Sherry,I just started the trek to getting an approval.It's amazing to me all of the hoops you have to just through.I know it will be at least 6 months before I get the insurance companys O.K.
I am diabetic,High BP,sleep apnea,high cholestrol.I have to go to classes for six months and prove that I've really tried every diet under the sun to prove that I'm not just looking for an easy way to lose weight!!
EASY!!!! This is a not an easy out!! This is the last road for me,and it will be the hardest one for me to walk.
Please pray for me that I don't get frustrated and give up.I feel I'm going to need all the prayers I can get.
S.Clark
Most Active
Recent Topics