Surgery soon

Jazwog
on 8/30/05 8:05 am - Medical Lake, WA
I am 41 years old and I am having my surgery Sept 26th I am nervous and scared and excited at the same time!!! HELPPPPPP lolI need all the support and prayers I can get!! Anyone Catholic???? heheh Rosary would help!!
lrosenda
on 9/1/05 4:08 am - Magna, UT
Michelle, It is very normal to be nervous right now. I did two things while I awaited my surgery. I read books about weight loss surgery so I'd know what to expect. I also started eating differently so I could get prepared for that. I cut out all caffeine and carbonation. I also cut way back on carbs. Pretty much ate like the South Beach diet recommends. Then 7 days before surgery, my doctor put me on a clear liquid diet (whi*****luded protein drinks), that was hard, but, helped to shrink back my liver so that lap rny was possible. I took off 20 lbs from that regimine the month before surgery. Also, it will help you now if you can add some activity into your life before hand. It will help with recovery. As for the pure terror aspects of this, I also got my will, living will and durable power of attorney paperwork ready, just in case. I'm glad I didn't need it. A 43 year old who just had her surgery by my same surgeon 2 weeks ago passed away, she never made it out of the hospital. So, the danger is real. But, if you already have co-morbidities which facilitates the need for this surgery, then it is worth the risk. Lori 384/308.5/170
nybabe
on 9/1/05 8:00 pm - Babylon, NY
Michelle! If you have faith in God, I suggest you seek HIM out the next month, if you have not being doing so already. I know In my heart- HE answered all my prayers and for a month before surgery, I made it a point to receive communion and have our priest bless me every sunday..Its important NOT to get sick- even a cold before surgery..Once I had my final clearance on 8/11 I was very assured and calm. When I had been feeling nervous and worried and scared, I went stayed and prayed after Mass, and layed all my fears in his hands. You know that script about Footprints? Where you are not walking alone, but it is HE that is carrying you? Focus on that and sincerely seek His blessings and you will see , He is alive and working in your life. Read my profile- you will see how grateful I am. I prayed on this surgery, actually my whole journey, and I know HE made it all possible, without complications, without problems and my surgeon is responsible for taking excellent care of me since surgery- and I could not be happier or feel more blessed. I hope this helps you, and I wish you a very swift and uneventful surgery and a good solid recovery. Donna
sweetpea
on 9/5/05 8:21 am - Kingsley, IA
Hi Michelle...I am about 3 1/2 weeks out and doing fine..you will do great too...I was a lil nervous but fig'd it was well worth the risks! I am sending prayers your way for a safe and speedy surgery and recovery..take Care and keep in touch Lori 287/249/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 267 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 522 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 512 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3570 views