Hello fellow 40ish!

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/05 3:11 pm - Orlando, FL
I'm Becky. I had surgery on 5/10/05. Starting weight was 235 and now weighing 180 pounds. I feel great, healthy, diabetes gone, pressure perfect and cholesterol's down significantly. Moved to Florida just a week ago and can tolerate the heat now!! I feel so alive now too. Good luck to all post and pre-ops on this board! Becky
sweetpea
on 9/9/05 2:02 am - Kingsley, IA
Hi Becca...mine was on 8/15/05..and I hear ya I have never felt better..I feel human again!!! Congrats!! keep in touch, Lori
cridercrunch
on 9/9/05 1:11 pm - KY
Hi Becky I'm Kathy. I had surgery on 7/29/05. My starting weight was 351 and I now weight 289 pounds. Even though I still have a way to go I am quite excited about my weight loss so far I feel great as well. I am no longer on any of the medications I was taking prior to surgery. My severe acid reflux is gone, my diabetes is controlled by diet alone, my blood pressure has dropped significantly, and my cholestrol levels are dropping as well. I hope you enjoy Florida I have never been there. I have been to afraid of the hurricanes. Congratulations on your WLS. Good luck to you as well. Kathy
LuvSongs
on 9/10/05 6:29 am - Germany, Germany
Hello Becky your pictures are so cute. I'm Joi soon to be 40 next month on October 10, I'll be moving to Germany around that same time. I have excepted an offer for a job as a counselor at the middle school on the military base, I will be there for 3 years. I live in Douglasville Georgia. I had my surgery in Jan of this year I started at 292 wearing a size 28 pants and 32 tops, I know weight 190 and wear size 12/ 14 pants depending how their made, 8/10 top and size 10 dress. I have 40 lbs to go to get to goal , wish me luck. I just made the Century club at the end of Aug at 7 months. This should be a good introduction you think.. Joi
KimmieC
on 9/15/05 10:41 am - Milford, CT
Hello Becky, Congratulations to you on your journey to the losing side. I had my surgery in December 2004 and its been 8 months for me. I was just made a member of the century club (102lbs so far!!!!). I was in a 5x, 6x size 32 and now I am a Xlarge and size 18. I can't tell you how wonderful I feel. I too got rid of all my medications and can tolerate the heat now too. I went to an amusement park with my husband and daughter and for the first time in 25 years went on a ride, walked the whole park and had a wonderful time, never got out of breath or sweaty. Its a miracle and I thank God everyday, I would do this again in a heartbeat. Take care and keep up the good work. Hugs KimC
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 267 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 522 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 512 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3570 views