my scale has a sick and very evil plan to finish me off for googl

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/05 10:53 am - TBD, Guam
I walk 3 miled at dusk, and another 3 a dawn and then i do 16 miles on the bikd. drinking all my water. is it just an evil scam? have been tempted and i didnt given in or cheated. i'm the poster child for wls.... so why is it taking 3 weeks to lose 1/2 lb???
lrosenda
on 9/19/05 10:35 am - Magna, UT
J, If you know you are doing everything right (and it sure sounds like it) you need to be patient with your body. I know that being over 40 has something to do with it! We have our bodies so well trained at saving lbs. I sure hope you get a significant weight loss soon so you will really feel it is all worth it. Cause it is! The fact that you can do all that says a lot! Lori 384/301.5/170
Pam S.
on 9/20/05 7:56 am - Posen, MI
It could be all that working out you're doing, building muscle. As you gain muscle and lose the fat, the scale isn't as user friendly right away. Good news is that muscle helps burn calories faster in the long run so that scale should become your friend soon! Pam
Shelley Billings
on 9/22/05 2:58 am - Oregon City, OR
LOL....I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I get so dang mad when I know I am doing everything right and the damn thing doesn't budge. But.....trust me, you are losing inches and your clothes are going to be getting looser. Just give your body a chance to catch up. You are doing great! Shelley
Tinkermouse
on 10/9/05 7:02 am - Vallejo, CA
for all the working out! Wow!! During that 3 weeks have you been noticing your clothes are looser? With all the workouts, you're probably building muscle which weigh more than fat. Sometimes I just go by how my clothes fit because the scale will make me crazy! Good luck...
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/05 3:07 am - TBD, Guam
thanks everyone. it has started to move again... but very slowly. i understand about plateaus and stalls, but they still BUG ME... I will try to be less obsessive and focus on the healthy choices, but really.. i just want to be a steady loser... and in a good way. ha!! i want to also be in my 30s. ha!!! (or 20s?!) ;)
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 267 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 522 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 511 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3569 views