Post Op Discomfort

emrtrainer
on 7/22/10 10:39 am - Inwood, WV
Hey gang, I feel like I am doing OK, but I am wondering how long the abdominal tenderness lasts?  I have never had any surgery so I am wondering when the pulling gets better?  I am sure that it varies from person to person, but thought I would get your opinion.  Thank  Lori

fitby40something
on 7/22/10 11:07 am - Southeast, MO
You're right it does vary from person to person and its been a while for me so its hard to remember.  But I would say within a week you should not be nearly as sore.  I recall it more as a soreness than pain per say.  Just be careful bending, lifting, using the bathroom (straining), etc.  But if you are ever unsure about something and it just doesn't seem right call your Doc.  That's what they're there for and why they're making the big bucks. lol.

Take care Lori!!!

Julie   Extended Abdominalplasty & Breast Lift 6/22/11

fitby40something  HW 240/CONSULT 238/SW 225/CW 170/GW 138
"Get busy living or get busy dying."  --Shawshank Redemption

Elizabeth_Ann
on 7/22/10 11:10 am
 I think it just depends on a few different things. Can you tell us a little about your surgery date and type. Was it open? Lap? 

I had a g-tube in for 6 weeks after my surgery, so I felt pulling for quite a while actually. 

I hope you feel better soon!

Hugs, 

Liz in Orlando       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

NursieGirl
on 7/22/10 11:29 am
I had a VSG so I'm no help, but I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery.  Rest up and take care of yourself!

IRAYD8U
on 7/22/10 6:19 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
As odd as it may sound I had the most relief when I layed on my belly!  I didn't feel as bloated and it helped me to pass gas......lol  It also made getting up easier!  I should probably add I am not normal either......I had surgery Tuesday and was ready to go back to work on Friday....that is certainly not the norm!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
lerkhart
on 7/22/10 10:44 pm
Lori,
Do you have any drains?  I did not have drains and did not have much tenderness or discomfort at all.  If you think this is not normal, please call your surgeon.  It really does vary from person to person.  I had several prior surgeries and this was by far the easiest for me.
Take care.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
italianspice
on 7/23/10 2:53 am - Eastlake, OH
I dont know after rny, but when I had my open procedure to remove my ovary, I was really sore for about  7 days, then it slowly got better.
emrtrainer
on 7/23/10 4:09 am - Inwood, WV
Follow up -- No drains.  Everything seems to be healing fine.  I was really wanting to know how long it took for the pain with standing to go away.  Nothing pathological going on. I know from my ususal medical practice that with C-section for instance that after 2 weeks people are up and moving pretty well.  I was just wanting to know if I could maybe expect this a little sooner with a lap procedure.  Thanks. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views