Goal Weight?

Shannon D.
on 7/27/10 1:02 am
I think there was just a discussion kind of like this the other day, but here it goes anyway. How did you choose your goal? When you neared or reached your goal did you change it?

I thought 115 was kind of crazy and I would never get there or it would take a year. But in the back of my mind I had a dream goal of 100 pounds. I'm just barely 5ft tall, so this is still within the healthy range for me, not underweight. I'm going for it! Maybe my body won't go there, maybe it will.

I think I am just going to keep working out as hard as I have been and keep my dietary totals where they are and see what happens. I know I will probably need to up my calories again after awhile, but for now this is working beautifully.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Roz !!!!
on 7/27/10 1:22 am, edited 7/27/10 1:22 am - Butler, PA
115 is definitely not crazy!  I'd let your body go as low as you can....it will know when to stop. 

I picked 125 (75 lbs.) because it was a nice even number.  After I hit that goal, I added another Protein drink to up my calories and I lost another 10 lbs. within a month.

My low was 106 which was 97 lbs.lost,  but that didn't stick more than a couple of days.  109 is my "magic" number but I bounce between 109 and 112. 

My wedding dress of 36 years is huge on me and my only regret is not doing this when I was younger. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 7/27/10 2:25 am
Shannon, I don't think 115 is crazy.  You are almost there now and not far from the 100. 

My surgeon's nurse set my goal, but I'm hoping to go lower.  I still have 11 pounds to go to get to their goal - probably not going to make it by my appointment next week.  As long as I'm still loosing, I'm ok with that.  I know what I need to do to bump it up I'm just having a hard time doing it now.  I would like to go 15 below what they said - that is the same amount you have.  I'm 5'1 1/2".  I always thought I was big boned, but now that my bones are showing in places, I'm pretty sure I'm not!!

Good luck.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Jane W.
on 7/27/10 2:27 am - Southaven, MS
Hi Shannon,

I think your idea is a good one.  I would go for it.  100 lbs and 5 ft and you would still be healthy, but like you said if your body doesn't want to go there, it would be o.k. with you.  That is what I plan to do at this point, though I am no where near it.  GW 130....but would be o.k. with 150.  I am 5.6".  Either weight or in between I would be at normal BMI.  I'm just keep doing what I am doing and see where my body stops.

Good luck...I think you are so pretty and plan very realistic.

Hugs, Jane
5'6"    
Shannon D.
on 7/27/10 2:32 am
Jane,
Thank you so much! I'm blushing. You will get there soon enough! All of the sudden you are close to goal and you wonder where the pounds went!

Shannon D.
on 7/27/10 2:30 am, edited 7/27/10 2:33 am
Linda
I don't think 115 is crazy now, but when I weighed 214, it seemed so far away! I chose a goal weight in the middle of the healthy BMI range.

My surgeon's office doesn't set goals for patients. They think that is is detrimental for two reasons 1.People might feel like they failed if they don't reach their goal, but in reality, they are so much healthier than when they started. 2.People might quit when they reach the surgeon's goal, when really they could have gone even further. It makes sense to me, but they did make a note of what my personal goal was. I hope to be there (or beyond) by my 6 month check up in 2 months. Unless I hit a major stall soon, I should be there!

LinR
on 7/27/10 8:41 am
I set a goal of 103, a previous weight from early 20's.  When I got down to 110, I was a size 2.  I knew 103 was going to be way too low.  I set my goal at 107.  Kind of like Roz, I got there but usually stay around 108 - 110.  Now I'm a 2 to 0.  sometimes a 00 depending on the manufacturer.  That's small enough.  So I guess my body decided for me.

Shannon D.
on 7/27/10 9:43 am
How tall are you? I am definitely going to let my body be my guide

paranoidmother21
on 7/27/10 11:44 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I don't have a goal weight - but I do have a goal body fat percentage. My bones aren't that big, but are heavy, so weight and BMI don't make any sense for me. At this point, I'm 11 pounds over what the surgeon listed as my theoretical goal weight for the insurance company, but he'd like to me to stop now and perhaps gain a couple pounds back.

The end result is that my body will land where it's comfortable, and I'll be fine with it.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

michelly1030
on 7/27/10 5:05 pm - Turlock, CA

My surgeon doesn't chose our goals either. My goal is based on the size I wear and how I feel as opposed to the number on the scale. 3 1/2 mos out, I am in a size 12 and 185 lbs... I look pretty darn thin actually and if I tell people my current weight, they are jaw dropping shocked because I really don't look that heavy. I am smaller in clothing size than my girlfriend who is 5'6 and 165 lbs (she wears a 14- slightly bigger hips than I). It's strange! 
I have decided that 170-175 is plenty "small" enough for me. My surgeon says that it is practical to consider a BMI that is at the high end of healthy... he did say he doesn't expect us to get on the low end... We'll see how I feel in another 10-15 lbs..... adding in protein shakes to get more calories and protein. I can still hardly eat very much! Supposed to be adding in a little more to get my meals 3-4 oz...but 2 oz is still too much!

~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...