I'm worried

momof2b1g
on 7/26/10 9:18 pm - Warwick, RI
Has this happened to any of you?  I am afraid that I am starting to look sickly. My eyes look a bit sunken in and I look sooooo bony?  Is this normal?  I'm getting ready to go on vacaction and I'm so afraid that I am going to hear comments like "are you sick?"  "I knew this would happen if she had that surgery"   Am I just being dramatic?  I've been fat all my life and now I'm not sure who I see when I look in the mirror.  It's scary to me but exciting at the same time.  Weird??

Tiffany

MajorMom
on 7/26/10 9:34 pm - VA
Yep, totally normal. Tell folks you've stopped losing and you'll have a little bounce back and redistribution now, and look right as rain in no time. It's just part of the process.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

momof2b1g
on 7/26/10 9:39 pm - Warwick, RI
Thanks soooo much Gina, I knew I could count on you for some reinforcement. You are the best!!

Hugs, Tiff

graciesmommie
on 7/26/10 10:11 pm
I feel your pain! I am at the lowest I have ever been. I don't think I was this small in highschool. I have people tell me all the time. You look great but you don't need to lose any more, etc. I kind of hurts my feelings because as you all know we don't have a whole lot of control. I have gotten some sun this summer. I look better than I did before school got out. A little vitamin D goes along way for those dark circles. Hope you have a blast on vacation. Hugs and best wishes, Danielle
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
moondancer2000
on 7/26/10 10:53 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
Hahahaha I haven't gotten there yet!! 

As long as you know you are healthy and happy, be where and who you are girl!

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

Jody ***
on 7/26/10 10:58 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
While my weight has remained the same, my remaining fat has redistributed.  I saw some pics I took last spring (Apr or so) and my thighs were small - and I can see from recent pics (and in the mirror) I've put some on there - but, the scale isn't showing a gain. 

Like Gina said - it will redistribute and you may have some "bounce back" - not a lot, but just enough....

And if people ask if you're done losing - just tell them "yes".... Your body will decide what to do. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 7/26/10 11:37 pm - Butler, PA
I didn't realize that I was looking sickly, but my DD's and DH have told me they were worried about me for awhile.  1.  I think it took time for them to get used to the new me  2. I think your body is in shock for awhile  3.  I feel wonderful now and I never get the "are you sick" comments anymore.

We all understand the excitement you feel.  You have a done a wonderful job using your tool!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

MacMadame
on 7/27/10 2:30 am - Northern, CA
I got pretty bony this time last year. But once I hit maintenance, my fat redistributed and I continued to lose it off the tummy and thighs but I got more back on my back, rib cage and boobies.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

momof2b1g
on 7/27/10 3:48 am - Warwick, RI
Thanks so much for all of your support.  I guess this is why they call it a journey...lol.

Hugs, Tiff

paranoidmother21
on 7/27/10 5:15 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Yup, from the chin to the top of the boobs I look like Audrey Hepburn, which does scare people. But from the boobs down to the knees I look like a shar-pei puppy.

When people say something, I just tell them that I should be done losing, and that my shoulders/collar bones will fill in again as I stabilize. So far everyone's ok with that, they just all seem to be afraid that I plan to lose MORE.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 289 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views