Menus and Miles Monday August 2nd

Roz !!!!
on 8/3/10 3:06 am - Butler, PA
My DSIL is in TX this week for some kind of training for his work.  He said it was really hot.

After having a couple oz. of grilled fish and a few bites of veggies, I'd never have room for the Mac n cheese.  I always list things I'm planning on eating, but seldom get them all in.

This early out, you should really try to avoid all carbs like chips and pasta.  It will definitely slow down your weight loss and this is the time to take advantage of your tool.

(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JustLookingToo
on 8/2/10 5:34 pm - AL
On August 2, 2010 at 6:14 AM Pacific Time, Roz !!!! wrote:
Hello to all of my Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!

Writing everything down has helped me so much!!! I would really like to see some more posters.  Seeing what is working for others helps the rest of us put some variety in our meals. 

RNY Maintenance 

B:   GNC Chocolate and Cookies n Cream 35g
S:   carrots
L:    1 Roast Beef Slider left over from yesterday and 1 onion ring
S:    strawberries
S:    Cheese stick
S:   Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea 23g
D:   Eating Out
S:   Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea 23g
S:  

Calories:   
Fats:               
Carbs:         
Protein:       

Vitamins:  Done
Calcium:  1/2 done plus chocolate chews through out the day
Water:  Drs. Orders.....I'm trying!
Miles: 
Hi Roz,

I suppose I should have posted an introduction of some sort on the lightweight board, but I've been a member of OH for a while. I'm a Lightweight revision from Mini-Gastric bypass to RNY, and apparently a very slow loser (Uggg).

I saw your menu says that you drink the Nectar Lemon tea. I LOVE Nectar protein. My favorite is Fuzzy Navel. It's great mixed in plain yogurt. I make a great smoothie with it using some frozen strawberries and some yogurt with a scoop of the Fuzzy Navel. The only other flavor that I've tried is Roadside Lemonade. 

Have you tried other flavors, and is the Lemon Tea your favorite? Just looking on an opinion on it before I buy it. I want to try the Twisted Cherry, too. Nectar is the best thing ever. I actually look forward to drinking it. 

Roz !!!!
on 8/3/10 3:10 am - Butler, PA
Welcome and sorry I'm late at replying.  My DH had a softball game last night about an hour away and we got home late. 

I love the nectars and yes Lemon Tea is my favorite.  I axtually crave it during the day.  Vitalady sells samples for $1.99 each and that's the best way to find out if you like the flavors.  I used to drink the Strawberry-Kiwi, but now I'm a little turned on it.  The Twisted Cherry tastes just like a popsicle.  I've been wanting to order a sample of peach.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JustLookingToo
on 8/3/10 3:56 am, edited 8/3/10 4:00 am - AL
Thanks, Roz. I think I'll try the Lemon Ice Tea. No need for samples around here, lol, because I'll mix it with something and drink it no matter how bad it is. One of the traits that got me in the shape I'm in with my weight, I suppose.

If you like peaches, you'll love the Fuzzy Navel. It's the yummiest stuff EVER!! My husband and son are not even overweight and they love the stuff. I had to buy another container this week because my son asked if he could have my other container. I like it so much that I could not bring myself to try another flavor.

I use a Vitamix blender and add a little homemade yogurt, some ice cubes, some water, half a scoop each of Nectar Fuzzy Navel and GNC Amp Unflavored Whey protein (makes the texture much smoother and you can't taste it), and a few strawberries/blueberries(or both). Blend it up, and it's the creamiest smoothie treat ever. So good! Here's a picture if I can get it to go through...

http://i36.tinypic.com/11vjx9w.jpg

Well, I tried to get the picture to show up, but can't figure it out. Sorry.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 296 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 422 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 482 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 501 views