rant=phone appt. w/surgeon

gisele00
on 8/5/10 5:47 am
i had a 8;45 am phone appt w/my sugeon to discuss issues that have been bothering me for several months.  i received no less than 4 mailed reminders of the appt. and i have been emailing said doctor for over 2 months with no response to my questions.  needless to say, i was quite ready and willing to accept the call this morning.  i got my husband to bring the girls to football and cleared my morning scedule (got up at 4 am to do horses to be ready for the call) and here i sit still waiting for the call.  i know i shouldnt  feel betrayed or any of that nonsense but i do feel sorry for myself.  ive been working so hard at getting a grip on my weight gaining problem and i was practically desperate to speak to him-not that i really believed he would have a mental bandaid for me but..

he is a great  guy and i'm sure he had an emergency to deal with but i feel i;m basically reaching emergency status.

of course i keep ruminating on how we pay for our insurance out of pocket as we're both self employed=it is a HUGE bill every month and i feel owed this phone call at the very least.  FUDGE!

i did the protein shakes for 10 days with no loss and massive gas cramps.  all my "numbers" are good.  i am truly worried why i'm not able to at least maintain my weight if not lose.

thanks for listening

now back to your regularly sceduled success stories..
why buy the cow when you can sell the toaster

5' 9"
NursieGirl
on 8/5/10 5:52 am
 You have every right to rant!  How frustrating and what a pain in th ass!

Shannon D.
on 8/5/10 6:32 am
I think sometimes surgeons get too big for their britches. I loved mine when I was pre-op and even in the hospital. But at all post-op appointments he has acted like an ass. He already got my 18,000 dollars so I'm of no use to him anymore? I think that is total crap and you have every right to rant.

As far as your numbers on the scale???? I don't know. Have you tried talking to your NUT? How about the veterans on here? Someone has to be able to help you. Hang in there. I'm sure things will turn around.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

gisele00
on 8/5/10 7:24 am
thanks guys-

i was really surprised when at 3 mos. out, my surgeon's email link disappeared from my list of doctors.  my ortho surgeon *****paired my shoulder 5 years ago is still listed.

when phone calls and emails arent returned it;s just plain lame.  ive sent the last couple of emails through my PCP and he raised an eyebrow as to why i wasnt being answered (my PCP answers me within hours usually)

yes-i have discussed my diet with the local nut and the nut who works in conjunction with my surgeon.  ive whined on here as well.    opinions differ but my protein intake is in the 100g/day range and my caloric intake 800-1000/day and yes ive tried upping the calories but anything over 1200 and i gain.  my lifestyle is very vigorous. 

anyway..thanks for the thoughts!

5' 9"
lerkhart
on 8/5/10 8:38 am
I'm sorry this is happening to you. 
Can you schedule an office appointment with him? Sorry if I missed something about this not being possible.

The only thing I can suggest is to post on Roz's Menus and Miles site each day and maybe someone can make some suggestions.

I hope you can get this sorted out soon, I am sure it is very frustrating.  Good luck.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MacMadame
on 8/6/10 1:17 pm - Northern, CA
On August 5, 2010 at 2:24 PM Pacific Time, gisele00 wrote:
thanks guys-

i was really surprised when at 3 mos. out, my surgeon's email link disappeared from my list of doctors.  my ortho surgeon *****paired my shoulder 5 years ago is still listed.

when phone calls and emails arent returned it;s just plain lame.  ive sent the last couple of emails through my PCP and he raised an eyebrow as to why i wasnt being answered (my PCP answers me within hours usually)

yes-i have discussed my diet with the local nut and the nut who works in conjunction with my surgeon.  ive whined on here as well.    opinions differ but my protein intake is in the 100g/day range and my caloric intake 800-1000/day and yes ive tried upping the calories but anything over 1200 and i gain.  my lifestyle is very vigorous. 

anyway..thanks for the thoughts!
Insulin resistance? Have you been checked for it with a fasting insulin test?

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

gisele00
on 8/6/10 2:11 pm
yes-i have-thanks

i had a full "16 vial" draw again today.  my insulin has always been ok and my thyroid is slightly overactive which is a *riot*

thanks for the idea!

5' 9"
rbb825
on 8/6/10 4:06 pm - Suffern, NY
You say your thyroid is slightly overactive - have you ever had your pituitary tested? Sometimes people with hypothyroid actually show up hyperthyroid due to hypopituitary. It is difficult to diagnose but it happens.  I am one of them I went undiagnosed for 20 years becuase my TSH was never high enough but I always had the symptoms.  Finally  I went to an Endocrinologist and was diagnosed with both hypothyroid and hypopituitary.  As soon as I went on Synthroid, I lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks.  Just a thought

As far as your surgeon goes, I would just show up on his door step and not leave until I see him. He has no right to blow you off like this.  Does he have a NUT as part of the program? To me, that is who I follow up with. I actually have no use to follow up with my surgeon - he does the cutting, my NUT is the one that advises my on my eating plan, my supplements and my labs. I never would have gotten this far without her.  I do see my surgeon once per year just because he want to follow up his patients but I see my NUT 2 times per year for the rest of my life and more often if I need her. I even have her direct line if I have any questions.

gisele00
on 8/5/10 11:49 am
i'd gladly scedule an appt with him.  the phone call was sceduled when i called to make an appt.

i'll catch him up

thank you for your thoughts

5' 9"
Roz !!!!
on 8/6/10 12:16 am - Butler, PA
Sorry, to hear you are going through this.    Maybe he will still call you.  Drs. are always running behind.

I've never heard of e-mailing your doctor.  I'm lucky if I get to talk to a person when I call my PCP office.  My surgeon left the practice after I had my surgery and I so wish he could see me at goal.  I would love to thank him.

(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...