I gained 13lbs in 2 days????

kelly_hope
on 3/29/11 6:13 am - Marysville, WA

Just that... I gained 13lbs over the weekend. Granted, I didn't eat the best foods, but I did NOT eat enough to have gained 13lbs. I am starting my period, which of course brings on water weight and all. But 13lbs?? 

This can't be happening!! If my insurance gal works a miracle then my last diet weigh in is in 2 weeks!! How the heck am I going to lose 13lbs in 2 weeks!!

Why is this crap happening to me?! The insurance changing the diet from 3 to 6 months, (I'm praying I get grandfathered in to the old policy because I was only 2 weeks from the end of my diet.) And now this!

To top it all off, thanks to this 13lb gain, I have a new highest weight ever and I'm so ashamed. So heart broken. 

I'm going to hit the Midol because it has a light diuretic in it. Hopefully that will help some. I'm also going full on Atkin's and try to lose more.

And to you all, readers, friends, sisters on this journey, I am sincerely sorry. It seems every topic I post is freakin depressing as all heck and I'm sorry. But this has been some of the worst months of my life and things just seem to keep getting worse.

[On a hugely GOOD side note, we are getting a very tidy sum back on our taxes. Last year we paid out a very tidy sum because of our small business. This year we had mostly small business, but also my hubby's new job at Boeing, so I think that is what helped. Yay!]

KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

Price S.
on 3/29/11 7:33 am - Mills River, NC
Maybe your scales are broken.  That is too weird and too much.  Up your fluids and that will help you lose your fluids, I know it sounds weird but it is suppose to work.

Someday, soon I hope, this will all be a distant memory and you will be thin and healthy.

Congrats on your tax return.  Save it for new clothes.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Kermit P.
on 3/29/11 8:28 am
I am with Price......time for a new scale!  Drink and watch the calories.......hopefully you can get it off.

Hang in there....I lost a lot and then started regaining before surgery (kept having to change ny current weight on here which was depressing!).  Increasing my exercise helped!!!

Good luck!
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
IRAYD8U
on 3/29/11 10:11 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I'm going with period h2o retention AND a crappy scale!..........go to Target and start plopping scales down on the floor and weigh yourself til you find the lowest one.........and that is the scale you should buy!........
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Kimmeroo
on 3/29/11 10:47 am
RNY on 09/14/10 with
The same thing happened to me 2 months in a row..I drank water with fresh lemons in it an that worked! You will pee alot but hey better than feeling like your going to pop! Good Luck!

Kim    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Hit Onderland 1-11-11...my anniversary!:)
Lost 116lbs total since my journey began

Roz !!!!
on 3/30/11 1:05 am - Butler, PA
I think you've got some good advice in the posts above so...(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

MacMadame
on 3/30/11 1:58 am - Northern, CA
You can't have gained that much fat. It takes 3500 calories over what your body burns to gain even 1 pound of fat. You can't have eaten 45500 over what you burned in three days.

Therefore, don't worry about it. It's not reality.

And change the batteries in your scale, make sure you never move it around and aren't weighing with it on a carpet.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

ahleeeshah
on 3/30/11 6:04 am
I had the opposite problem, which turned out to be a scale issue. I weighed myself in the morning, and then weighed again at night, and I was down almost 10 pounds in 10 hours. I realized that it was because I was keeping my scale in one room and moving it to a hard surface (we don't have many) when I wanted to use it. I ended up getting a great suggestion from the president of the company that makes my scale, which was to go to Home Depot and buy a floor tile you can put the scale on, that way it can be in a carpeted room. I paid $4.50 for one tile that was the heaviest and largest they had (most are 12x12, this was 18x18 since my scale is 15" across), and it works like a charm!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 300 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 506 views