PCP follow-up

Price S.
on 3/30/11 2:36 am - Mills River, NC
I met with the PCP this morning.  He didn't think the potassium was the cause of the memory issues because before it causes memory problems it causes muscle problems and I didn't have any of that.  He did agree I needed to go on baby asprin, coated and wants me back on cholesterol meds.  In his 25 yrs of practice, he has only seen 6 patients with Transiant global amnesia.  And he had never seen it happen twice so that is reassuring.  I need to go in a month to have cholesterol and potassium retested.  He thought the potassium could have dropped just because of the incident.  He did say hospitalization is a common reason for it to drop?  Seems odd but the whole thing seems pretty odd.
So...........I just keep on keeping on.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Just-Jenn
on 3/30/11 2:56 am, edited 3/30/11 2:56 am - Midstate Region, PA
Sorry ur not getting the answers you seek.  Potassium is probably depleted easily with all of the fluids that hospitals tend to give patients.  I know my mom supplements her Potassium because she takes a water pill.  Good luck- I know how frustrating it can be to not get answers you feel confident in. 

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Price S.
on 3/30/11 3:49 am - Mills River, NC
I think this thing is just so rare that they don't know much at all about it.  But they don't want it to go into a stroke and think this routine will at least keep me safe from that.  My PCP is on vacation so I saw someone else who was very nice but I will see mine again when I get my labs done again.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Roz !!!!
on 3/30/11 3:03 am - Butler, PA
Well, I hope it doesn't happen to you again and if it does you are around people who notice and care about you and get you help. 

I've had a few times that I felt confused about things but never competely forgetting what was going on.  I think I'm dehydrated during those times.

Now that you mention it, I do remember my knees aching when my Potassium would be low.  It's been so long ago that I forgot about that.

(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 3/30/11 3:50 am - Mills River, NC
Thanks, Roz.

Pink-alicious 1
on 3/30/11 3:16 am - WI
Sorry Price ((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Janessa
HW233/SW233/CW124/GW120    

Price S.
on 3/30/11 3:51 am - Mills River, NC
thanks.  At least I feel perfectly fine.

loverofcats
on 3/30/11 3:24 am

Just make sure that you are taking an acid reducer or PPI. Baby aspirin is considered an NSAID and ulcers can develop in your blind stomach. Baby aspirin and cholesterol medication may be better than having to take a blood thinner such as coumadin (too much lab work and activity restriction due to increased risk for bleeding).

(((HUGS)))

Gail

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Price S.
on 3/30/11 3:52 am - Mills River, NC
I'm on one and religious about taking it.  I guess it is all better than having a stroke.  Thanks for the hugs and support.

Lucycat
on 3/30/11 5:14 am - Lewiston, ID
Well Price, I'm glad you're feeling okay now.  You take care of yourself because I really like you.

Sue

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views