concerned about slow and slower losing...

aspan
on 4/14/11 8:08 am
Sounds like you are doing awesome!! And I feel ya about the heavy weights loosing a lot..I live with one! My husband was loosing like 5 pounds a week at first and at first I compared my 1-2 pounds to that..but you just can't compare its definately not the same. Just wanted to comment about the no protein shake as other have stated I really don't get that! Glad to see that you added it in anyway..
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Jody ***
on 4/14/11 9:23 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Actually, 50 lbs in 5 months is an average of 10 lbs a month - which I think is exceptional.  My first month was 21 lbs, 2nd 9, 3rd 10, 4th 7, etc... you can see where it goes from there.  BUT - I hit goal in 9 months. 

Like Randi said, focus on your EWL or percentage of weight lost, not actual pounds. I k now its easier said than done, but when you compare yourself to heavier weights, it gets frustrating otherwise.

BUT  you are much more likely to hit your goal weight, and sooner...

Hang in there!  And I'd recommend some protein shakes too - glad you came around - love to see you stay!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 12:46 pm
 Sounds to me like Ure doing awesome .   I cant figure out why  when we were  big for most of our lives when we have the  surgery we;re in this huge rush to get super skinny  lol .... like its a race .  

There are so many profound adjustments to get used to along the way ... the extra attention ,  how U feel about Urself  looking and feeling this new way, how the  work world and  family world as well as the social world  see you ....  

all  big stuff .

I personally  am glad its  agonizingly slow  but  quite  steady almost imperceptible weight loss  even  20  months post .  That means I'm doing something right ( and not gaining ! )   .  I also  love the fact that  I'm eating healthy , feeling full  and  not dieting personally  .  

I never want to diet again     

RaggetyAnn
on 4/15/11 10:33 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
Congrats on your 80 lbs loss. 
My fear is that I won't even make it to an "average" weight loss, and that I won't be like the LW successes on this board.  So I can relate to your post.

If you surgery was on 23 Nov, then you've lost  an average of 2.5 lbs a week.  I don't know about you, but I never had that kind of success with a diet.  But I'm constantly harping about how "slow" I'm losing, so again, I can relate.

Did you take your measurements before your surgery?  Do you take them now?  (You can start now, if you didn't before) The numbers on the tape measure help me, as do my loose clothes.

We celebrate all NonScaleVictories (NSVs), as well as all scale busters, here on this board.  Keep posting.  We'll cheer you on!
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 312 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 436 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 499 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 520 views