GOAL: I think I may be there.

loverofcats
on 4/14/11 1:34 am
Seems surreal, but I may be at goal. Since Sunday, I have been bouncing around 110.2-111.8, and yesterday I was at 109.6 and this morning, I hit a low of 108.7. I am in a size2 or zero, depending upon the cut and brand of clothes. Every pound lost at this point seems to make a difference in my clothes. I have size 2 pants that are getting too big and need to be taken in.

I feel and look like a different person, but my head hasn't completely caught up to where I am at now. People tell me that I am thin, and I think and sometimes say, "Who me?" I have NEVER been called thin in my entire life, except for about 19 years ago, when I was at 120 for about 4 months.

Funny, when I look in the mirror, sometimes I think the mirror is making me look thinner than I really am. I feel this way, when I am in a store trying on clothes or at the gym working out. I see the saggy and loose skin and sometimes feel sad that I did this to myself, but I would rather have the loose and saggy skin, than have it filled with fat again.

WLS has truly been a gift to me; the gift of health, no more severe sleep apnea, no more pre-diabetes, no more joint issues, and the list goes on and on. I feel like I have my life back. I owe my PCP so much, for suggesting the surgery to me. A year ago, I was 100 lbs heavier. Unbelievable, how far I have come in that length of time. I appreciate everyday and feel grateful for the healthy me.

The support from this board and other individuals that I have met in person, have been truly inspirational and motivational. I appreciate and love each and everyone of you.

Thank you so very much for all your support during the past several months.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

MajorMom
on 4/14/11 1:53 am - VA
Sounds like goal, babeeee! Congratulations!!

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

loverofcats
on 4/14/11 1:55 pm
Thank you, Gina!!! I feel like that lizard doing the Happy Dance. Your postings have been so inspirational and motivational during my journey to goal. I really appreciated your advice and support, when I was having problems early on. This forum is so supportive and really helped me to reach goal.

Now, the hard part begins-Maintenance.

Gail
     "          

RaggetyAnn
on 4/15/11 10:12 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
oooh... is that a SWINGIN' lizard? 

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

rebecca_ann
on 4/14/11 2:57 am
Congrats Gail, I'm so happy for you!!
loverofcats
on 4/14/11 1:51 pm
Thank you, Rebecca!!!! I felt so happy for you, when you reached a 100 lb loss. It is so wonderful to feel happy for each other, when we achieve major landmarks and goals. I know, you will reach your goal.

Gail
     "          

JennaKopanyi
on 4/14/11 4:28 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
congrats! how exciting for you :)

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

loverofcats
on 4/14/11 1:49 pm
Thank you, Jenna!!!! You are almost there, yourself!!! I enjoy reading your menus. They are always so interesting.

Gail
     "          

Mama477
on 4/14/11 6:05 am
GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL sounds just marvelous!!!!!  Woo hoo to you, Gail...

meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

loverofcats
on 4/14/11 1:48 pm
Thank you, Meg!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!
     "          

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 298 views
12 Year Surgiversary!